Post Harvest Aide
SSAC Inc Verdi, NV
- Posted: over a month ago
The Post-Harvest Aide is responsible for manicuring wet and/ or dry flower from stalk and breaking down plants to process/trim to meet quality standards. Post-Harvest Aides are also responsible for tracking the trimmed batches including the manicured product, the usable by-product amount (trim), and the unusable by-product (waste) according to company policy and practices, as well as state and local laws and regulations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Break flowers off stem and stalk of plant in order to separate unusable waste from usable product; employee must track the amount of unusable waste for each plant/batch.
- After breakdown of plant, employee must identify and separate fan leaves, stems, and sugar leaves on the flower.
- Employee must account for each by-product type processed off the flower; adding stems and fan leaves to "waste" for proper tracking and disposal by managers and trim/sugar leaves to "usable by-product: (trim) to the MIP.
- Employee must be able to identify various problems with any strain/product and be able to communicate with direct supervisors as necessary.
- Employee must exhibit competency in basic organizational, tracking, and communication skills.
- Employee must be able to work well independently, as well as with others.
- Employee must be able to adapt to various strains, styles, and types of marijuana they are trimming; adjusting their techniques to maintain a steady pace and quality.
- Time management; employee must manage their time during work efficiently in order to meet goals while consistently producing quality product.
- Employee must be able to follow basic instructions as well as be able to take constructive criticism from their managers, maintaining quality standards and productions goals.
- Employee must arrive to work on time.
- Employee must exhibit personal hygiene and follow the health guidelines set forth by the Company and the state.
- Post-Harvest staff are responsible for clean-up of all processing areas and equipment at the end of each day.
- Safe handling, use, and cleaning of all assigned tools.
- Ensure all department assigned objectives and deadlines are met.
- Adhere to all company and Nevada state policies in an ethical manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned: including aiding other departments and general facility maintenance.
- Able to be flexible and work in various sectors of the department as needed or as requested by their direct supervisor; this may include but is not limited to, helping other departments with tasks such as cleaning, moving supplies, equipment, and other tasks as assigned
- Must work well with others and be able to adapt quickly to changes in policy, procedure, and technique.
- Must exhibit caution and reliability with the handling of product in regard to personal safety, as well as product safety.
- Help create a proactive and positive environment; a positive attitude and self-motivation to help produce high-quality manicured product, while meeting and/or exceeding personal and/or company goals.
- Be able to work with, help, guide, challenge, and motivate other team members in order to create a cohesive unit.
- Ability to adapt to new methods, in order to meet or exceed goals and or modify their techniques/procedures based on all applicable laws.
- Employee must be able to adapt to various strains, styles and types of marijuana they are packaging; making quality control decisions as necessary.
- Employee must have basic organizational capabilities, as well as maintain a high standard of facility cleanliness.
- Employee must be able to preform basic computer functions
- Time management; the employee must manage their time during work efficiently in order to meet goals while consistently producing a quality product.
- Employee must be able to follow basic instructions as well as be able to take constructive criticism from their managers so they can help maintain quality standards and production goals.
- Work is performed in an indoor cannabis cultivation facility and may be odorous at times.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time while maintaining focus.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and balance up to 50 pounds (100 pounds with assistance) and must be able to do so with extreme care and caution when working with plants and product.
Required education and experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred education and experience
- Previous cultivation experience: 6 months.
- Must demonstrate basic understanding of marijuana cultivation processes.
- Combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Nevada driver's license or State ID card.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must pass any and all required background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry.
- Must be approved by the Nevada Cannabis Compliance Board to receive and maintain an agent card.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement
SSAC, Corp provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability, in accordance with Equal Employment Opportunity Laws.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job elements, responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or conditions should not be considered to be exhaustive as job descriptions change with operational needs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
HealthcareView all jobs at SSAC Inc