Mechanic - Truck & Small Engine
SS Landscaping is looking to add a Mechanic to their team. This person will be accountable for repairing vehicles, large construction equipment and small lawn care equipment and their ongoing maintenance.
The ideal candidate will have previous automotive experience working with a variety of engines, be a reliable employee, exhibit teamwork, and add value to our organization.
- Vehicle, trailer and equipment diagnostic, service and repair.
- General fabrication.
- Documentation and maintenance of service logs.
- Preventative care and service for various vehicles, trailers and equipment.
- Routine inspections on all vehicles and trailers.
- Routine maintenance based on manufacturers recommendations i.e. oil changes, air filters, belts, plugs etc.
- DOT inspections.
- Emission testing.
- Update maintenance logs for work completed.
- Evaluation of existing equipment components and to determine necessary replacements and/or potential forthcoming issues i.e. tires, decking etc.
- Evaluation of existing equipment(s) maintenance, age, runtime etc. to determine continued operating costs v. sale.
- Evaluation of care level of utilizing employees i.e. washing, blade sharpening, abuse etc.
- Control intake the of vehicles/equipment in need of repair including: prioritization, tagging.
- Diagnoses/determination of issue(s).
- Repair of damaged vehicles/equipment.
- Off-site service/repair calls.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Various engine models and controls (GM, John Deere/Yanmar, Case, Honda)
- Ancillary components (brakes, pumps, fuel system, suspension, electrical, etc.)
- Metal fabrication (welding & cutting)
- Operation of various equipment (Excavators, Skid Steers, Mowers, Small Equipment, Forklift)
- Diagnostic software and tools.
- Basic carpentry
About SS Landscaping Services:
Established in 1978, SS Landscaping has over 40 years of professional experience providing the greater Puget Sound area with solutions for all landscape management needs.
Our Construction and Service departments are committed to providing quality finished products for local owners, developers, architects, and general contractors.
SS Landscaping seeks the BEST to serve our customers providing detailed accurate information to Project Managers and General Contractors. SS Landscaping installs high end commercial landscapes including: ground level, green roofs, terraces/amenity spaces, synthetic turf, interior atriums and more. We work side-by-side with our customers to develop effective landscaping designs, installations and ongoing service for commercial and residential landscapes.
SS Landscaping is a landscape construction organization dedicated to quality installations. Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes family atmosphere, ethic practices and teamwork.
SS Landscaping benefits include top-notch health care (Regence PPO), dental and vision care, paid time off including 9 paid holidays, retirement savings, professional development and yearly bonuses.
Thank you for your consideration of SS Landscaping.
SS Landscaping ServicesTacoma, WA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.