SRW Art Director Job Description
Ragtag bunch of hooligans seeks smart, amicable up-and comer with mad design chops who can churn out social content, branding, and web design at scale...
About the job:
Our young marketing firm in the heart of Fulton Market seeks to add another hooligan to our posse. We need a full time Art Director to help concept, create and execute content for a growing bevy of wonderful clients in the healthy food space.
You will be an essential part of a growing creative team - so we need someone who has his or her proverbial stuff together, and is ready to dig into client work day one. (If you sleep through your alarm sometimes, this is not the right job for you.) Our Art Director can take a brief and run with it and has no problem getting their hands dirty in executional work.
You will work collaboratively with our producers and strategist to conceptualize, produce, and execute a variety of content for our clients. This position will report to our Senior Art Director. There will be some guardrails and oversight, but you must be someone who is self-motivated and can handle a lot at once - switching gears quickly between clients. You will be in charge of the creative health of 3 - 4 of our clients. Creating monthly social content, print materials, video graphics, high end branding, and the occasional website wireframes. Each day will be different and fast paced. One day you may be knee deep in Photoshop or Illustrator and the next day you’ll be on set Art Directing a photoshoot for one of our clients.
- Uber-Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, etc.)
- Deep knowledge and experience of all things digital (web, social, display)
- A diverse portfolio that showcases strong conceptual thinking, beautiful use of typography, and a range of campaign explorations
- Motion graphics / After Effects experience preferred but not mandatory
- Photography experience welcome but not mandatory
- Knowledge of Sketch is a plus
- Experience working with CPG or food brands is a plus
- Minimum of 3 of relevant experience, whether it’s for an agency or freelance
- You are an art director with zero hubris and a great sense of humor, looking to feed off of collaborative energy.
- You have a strong work ethic and work smart, not just hard - you know how to prioritize a to do list….but you’re also not afraid to have fun.
- You are willing to wear many hats and be versatile in different roles
- You can roll up your sleeves and dive deep into the execution of the work, while the next day managing a team of creatives to execute a vision.
- You have an independent spirit. You have a point of view. You are not afraid of taking the lead role developing strategically sound ideas, but are also happy to just follow the brief as it’s assigned when we say you gotta.
- You are flexible, and can adopt various client brand personalities and see ideas through in different mediums.
- You are an innovator - a designer that challenges him/herself and team with new trends, looks and ways of working more efficiently