Director, Shareholder Advisory Attorney
- Expired: July 03, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
About SRS Acquiom:
At SRS Acquiom, our focus is on simplifying complex transactions in M&A and in the Loan Agency markets. Since 2007, we have been continuously innovating to solve issues for some of the industry's most sophisticated buyers, sellers, borrowers, lenders, and counsel. Our top-tier team has supported more than 4,000 deals including high-profile transactions such as Google's acquisition of Nest, Facebook's acquisition of Oculus and Yahoo's acquisition of Tumblr. We are looking for extraordinary people to help drive our continued success. If you are looking to join a growing, entrepreneurial environment in an established company, we want to hear from you!
SRS Acquiom is currently searching for a Director in the Dispute Management Group, specializing in managing post-closing indemnification and related matters. This is a position for an attorney who is detailed, meticulous, responsive, and client focused, and is comfortable crafting strategies to resolve high-stakes disputes. An ability to stay organized while monitoring numerous discrete issues is essential. This role will entail a high degree of comfort with, and active management of, formal dispute processes such as litigation and arbitration. The ideal candidate is someone who can confidently work with clients, external counsel, and other parties to seek resolution of disputes and achieve client objectives. The base salary range for this position is $130k - $150k.
- Serve as primary client contact on post-closing claims and contingent consideration/milestone issue management
- Interpret and analyze deal agreements
- Actively manage responses to claims and milestone events, including litigation/arbitration
- Draft deal-related correspondence
- Work closely with outside legal counsel to advance client objectives
- Collaborate closely and in a collegial manner with other teams and groups
- Actively participate, or take the lead on, special projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Graduate of an accredited law school in the United States
- At least 5 years in active legal practice
- Admission to the bar of any state (California or Colorado bar admission not necessary)
- Experience with M&A contracts
- Litigation experience at a reputable law firm
- In-house litigation management experience
- Experience with negotiations, settlement, and mediation
- Law degree from top U.S. law school
- Work independently and seek solutions where none are evident
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Extremely detail oriented and meticulous
- Efficiently and creatively solve problems when unexpected issues arise
- Take ownership of issues and follow through to resolution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
A few benefits our employees enjoy:
- Comprehensive benefit plans (medical/dental/vision) starting on day 1
- 401(k) with 4% matching
- Discretionary time off
- Discretionary bonus incentive
- Fitness credit
- Several pre-tax plans (dependent care, transportation, flexible spending)
- Transportation reimbursement
- Benefits reimbursement
Physical Requirements/Special Demands:
- Must be available to work standard business hours, and occasional nights/weekends if required by client demands.
- Must be able to work on-site in Denver or San Francisco office.
- Travel may be necessary, up to 10% of year, and may not always be scheduled in advance.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without advanced notice.
With respect to its programs, services, activities, and employment practices, SRS Acquiom Inc. assesses qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected status. Requests for reasonable accommodation or the provision of auxiliary aids should be directed to Human Resources.
LegalView all jobs at SRS Acquiom