Controller - Hiring Immediately!
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
In the exploding business of modern telecommunications, SRI is at the forefront of this expansion by helping companies build, integrate & staff their cutting-edge networks. SRI was founded in 1998, is the leading integration services company and is proud to only work with the largest service providers in the country. SRI has impeccable company culture that cultivates teamwork in a positive and encouraging atmosphere. SRI is a family and employee oriented workplace offering stability, competitive salary, and personal growth.
SRI Telecom is seeking an ambitious Controller to become a vital part of a thriving services company. As the Controller, you will plan and direct all accounting operational functions, manage the accumulation and consolidation of financial information for internal and external financial statements, assess accounting and internal control systems, and guide departmental staff. Working with our company, you will handle key financial decisions, challenge, influence and support the accounting and administrative support team.
- Ensure timely cash collection by driving the timing for monthly billing, under billings and other cash management techniques
- Prepare and present executives with monthly financial reports and supplemental reports including KPI's and operational targets
- Guide all operations of the finance department, including banking, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll
- Conduct annual insurance renewals, audits and year-end close-outs for financial reporting, tax preparation and annual incentive reviews
- Other Functions:
- Perform duties beyond formal job responsibilities
- Work closely with executives and operations team to facilitate efficient and effective firm-wide support to achieve operational goals
- Negotiate finance commitments and renewals
- Analyze, apply and improve policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Research, prepare and execute finance department initiatives such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, as required
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to build
- as well as deliver effective presentations
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and social skills
- Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or another business-related field
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience as a Controller
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Required strong understanding of percent complete revenue recognition and cost accounting
- Commitment and abilities to meet critical business deadlines including insurance renewals, audits, financial reporting, and tax planning
- Past work in technology, analytics, management, and public accounting experience highly valued
- Required experience in service industries
- Experience working in a dynamic, growing and changing company environment is a plus
- Strong understanding of analyzing financial statements and budget forecasting experience required
SRI offers W-2 employment with access to a comprehensive benefits package such as Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, 401k, HSA and others!
This position pays $90,000 - $120,000+ Salary (depending on experience) + annual year-end performance bonus.
Performance reviews are conducted annually on or before April 1st.
Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in our Baton Rouge, LA office.
This position reports to the CFO.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressBaton Rouge, LA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at SRI Telecom