***This position requires relocation to Washington State***
Reports to President
Role: Support Services
Location: Woodinville, WA (Greater Seattle Area)
***Qualified candidates must be experienced in commercial roofing and waterproofing estimating***
SR Building Services seeks a self-motivated, high-energy, results focused Estimator to join our growing team. Successful candidates will have a professional attitude and succeed in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone that thrives in improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies. The Estimator is responsible for estimating, profitability and execution of direction provided by the President.
There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our Company: challenging, complex projects; creative and innovative problem-solving environment; supportive, communicative managers who reward your success; opportunities for growth, training, and development.
Essential Job Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
· Meet sales and performance goals. Responsible for covering workload.
· Responsible for Edge training and implementation.
· Estimating of assigned projects and responsible for budgets.
· Responsible for roof system and waterproof system design evaluation, VE estimating, estimating (jobs).
· Build and maintain customer relationships.
· Review and judge subcontractors’ bid proposals.
· Review plans and specifications and coordinate sub work scope.
· Review incoming contracts and applicable scopes of work.
· Conduct pre-bid walks, including core cuts and roof evaluations.
· Provide necessary training.
· Must respond to emails and phone calls in a timely manner. Responsible for architect, consultants, property managers, general contractor and sub (bid) and correspondence.
· Organization, construction and completion of job set-up packets/paperwork; including writing of purchase orders and work orders (when managing own project).
· Schedule and lead job awareness meeting at time of job set-up.
· Responsible for job write-ups and job transfers.
· Monitor physical progress and financial performance of projects.
· Conduct labor and project projections (when managing own project).
· Review and respond to RFI’s, ASI’s, and other project design updates.
· Formulate change order estimates.
· Review safety plans with EHS and ensure the safety of field personnel. Responsible for safety audits and safety set up (at bid).
· Review punch list and project close-out.
· Attend scheduling meetings, staff meetings, evening meetings, safety meetings and estimator meetings.
· Understanding of and commitment to customer service and SR Building Service’s core values.
· Bilingual in Spanish highly preferred.
· Bachelor’s Degree in business, management or other related field is highly preferred.
· Equivalent work experience is acceptable in lieu of college education.
· 3-5+ years’ industry knowledge and experience.
· 3-5+ years’ experience working in an Estimator capacity.
· Qualified candidate will benefit from having experience with Edge estimating software, Microsoft Office and RoofCAD. Ability to operate within Viewpoint, the accounting software.
· Provide exceptional customer service. Must maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude.
· Ability to be self-directed, work independently, self-motivate and be highly motivated.
· Ability to prioritize information and multi-task frequently while being timely with tasks.
· Read and analyze plans and specifications. Ability to interpret asbestos reports is a plus.
· Technical understanding of the products and installation procedures. Contract knowledge.
· Ability to receive constructive criticism and feedback and translate into process improvement.
· Understanding of performance metrics of estimating team.
· Understanding of production and production metrics of field teams.
· Problem solving/analysis and collaboration skills. Technical and mathematical capacity.
· Manage Company and customer demands.
· Technical and mathematical capacity. Multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent research skills and detail orientated. Sharp listening skills and a critical thinker.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team environment and as an individual.
· Present an attitude of professionalism, honesty and integrity.
· Confident and personable. Ability to self-motivate with an excellent sense of personal accountability.
· Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Exceptional problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work under pressure and deal with unexpected challenges in a professional and calm manner.
Our competitive benefit package includes: PTO, paid holidays, medical/dental/vision coverage (following waiting period, premium is paid 100% by the Company for employee, spouse and dependents), 401K with Company contribution following waiting period and health and wellness reimbursement.
No travel outside the Western Washington area is anticipated unless deemed necessary for trainings or other Company needs. Travel to job sites in the region is required.
The position operates the majority of the time in a typical office environment, spending time at a desk, typing at a computer, talking with people in person or on the phone, taking notes and using standard office equipment. The job also sometimes happens at job sites in the field or shop, walking, climbing ladders, talking with people or in sometimes loud environments.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
SR Building Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual preference, or status as a veteran or disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal laws. In addition, SR Building Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which SR Building Services has facilities and/or job sites. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Passage of a drug test is required at the time of employment. SR Building Services is a Drug Free Work Environment. Any candidate that tests positive for marijuana or ANY controlled substance and/or alcohol during a pre-employment drug/alcohol screening will not be eligible for hire
SR Building Services
Why Work Here?SR Building Services LLC is one of Western Washington's top merit based full service roofing and waterproofing company. We are honored to service, maintain, repair, re-roof, build and protect Puget Sound buildings. We thrive on new challenges and pride ourselves on finding cost effective, creative solutions for those who own, manage and build in the commercial marketplace. Our team is committed to providing quality work with unwavering integrity.
Culturally exceptional and established company in search of career oriented indivuduals to help support their growing atmosphere!