- Join a younger, rapidly-growing company on the cutting edge of Clinical Research
- Run dermatology clinical trials out of a clinic without a manager on-site - autonomy and leadership growth opportunity!
- Step outside the typical environment of a traditional CRC position in a medical facility
- Surrounded by an entrepreneurial spirited leadership team
- Gain experience and build a network in an expanding area of clinical research, including COVID and Alzheimer's trials!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client has created a way to change how patient recruitment and retention occur fundamentally. By embedding research directly within senior living communities and in clinics, they drastically improve a patient's ability to participate in clinical trials. After they perfected their “formula,” they have expanded to enhance the patient experience by offering clinical trials in multiple therapeutic areas.
The Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) is a specialized research professional under the direction of the clinical Principal Investigator (PI) and clinical research manager. While the Principal Investigator is primarily responsible for the overall design, conduct, and management of the clinical trial, the CRC supports, facilitates, and coordinates the daily clinical trial activities and plays a critical role in the conduct of the study.
Unlike any other clinical research company, our client has embedded their studies in the physical properties of Sr. Living Communities. Meaning the CRC will have an office in the senior living facilities, not a doctor's office of a medical facility.
Additionally, this role will require a high amount of patient recruitment. Patient recruitment will come in the form of follow up on leads as well as interacting with the patients within the senior living communities.
- Ensure each study patient is fully informed of the study at the time of the consent.
- Work out of one of our embedded senior living communities.
- Create source documents for study visits.
- Train staff who will be working on the study.
- Communicate closely with monitors, sponsors, and Investigators.
- Conduct procedures such as vital signs, blood draw, EKG, and bladder scan, and assure the physician sees them at the required visits.
- Act as schedulers. For example, assure study subjects are scheduled with the doctor and any other procedures that might be required to complete that visit such as pap smears, endometrial biopsies, mammograms, bone scans, etc.
- Gather lab results or procedure reports, and assure the investigator reviews them promptly.
- Collect information for investigators to review and assess whether or not a patient is eligible to enroll in a study or safe to continue if they are already enrolled in the study.
- Collect supplies from sponsors and ensure everything is accounted for, such as lab kits, ancillary supplies, and investigational medication.
- Participate in web conferences and teleconferences for each study protocol to stay updated.
- 1+ years of experience as a Clinical Research Coordinator
- Friendly personality (will continuously be interacting with residents at their Sr. Living facilities)
- Degree in a scientific discipline
- Dermatology clinical research experience