We're looking for a rock star Receiving Inspector for a full-time position with an aerospace company in Kent, WA.
- Inspect material per engineering specifications such as dimensions, hardness and traceability.
- Review all supplied documentation for hardware acceptance per engineering requirements.
- Perform first article and receiving inspections.
- Provide feedback to engineers and buyers with dimensional data.
- Document, track, and complete discrepancy reports.
- Provide inspection time estimates.
- Maintain and track all inspection equipment calibrations.
- Contribute to process improvements.
- Maintain configuration control on files and job records.
- Safely work within an industrial environment.
- A minimum of 7 to 10 years experience in receiving or dimensional inspection of aerospace components.
- Superior blue print reading skills including GD&T per ASME Y14.5M-1994 standard.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluent in the use of precision hand tools, gages, optical comparator, and surface plate work.
- Ability to select the correct tool for the inspection task
- Familiar with the use of personal computers.
- Self-motivation and ability to prioritize projects to meet completion dates.
Desired (but not required)
- Basic machining knowledge
- Aerospace, aviation, or space experience is a plus
- Experience operating heavy lifting equipment such as cranes and forklifts around flight critical hardware
- Outside processing knowledge (heat treat, plating, coating, EDM, grinding, etc.)