SQA Services is a global quality consulting firm. We work with Fortune 500 companies worldwide in the aerospace, electronic, and life sciences industries. We are looking for a Program Manager to work remotely for us. Training will be done at our Torrance office.
- Bachelor degree or master degree in business or related field.
- Understanding of project/program management techniques and methods. PMP certification a plus.
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Proven experience managing a team.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Advanced competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
You will be responsible for maintaining and growing client service business, management and tactical support for SQA’s Managed Supplier Quality Improvement Programs.
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinating and scheduling program activity between Client, Supplier and Associates for maximum coverage and efficiency
- Acquiring and distributing technical materials (e.g. drawings and specifications) specific to each managed event
- Acting as a Supplier Liaison: Introducing SQA (where required) and walking them through the steps involved in each program
- Maintaining good communication between SQA, the Client and the Supplier – and the Associate when necessary
- Acting as a point of contact for all Associates on designated programs
- Following-up on events to ensure completion and delivery of results to the Client
- Managing a team of remote technical resources.
- Negotiation of Associate pay rates.
- In addition to scheduling, you will be responsible for preparing SQA Associates with all the relevant information required including supplier location, contact information, correct drawings, event number, etc.
- Associate onboarding calls are a key portion to ensuring success to the program delivery. You may be required to conduct associate onboarding calls for programs outside of yours as well.
- Following SQA’s scheduling process, and using the various internal scheduling tools, you are responsible for scheduling Client requirements and assuring that the SQA Associates are where they are supposed to be when they are supposed to be there and completing the correct report.
- Working with Business Development and the Client to comprehensively understand and record requirements in a way that allows the development of adequate Program Procedures and detailed SQA Service Requests.
- Creating detailed Job Descriptions in SQA’s Resource Management software, including all technical criteria necessary to facilitate the selection of the most suitable Associate by Resource Management.
Implementing Data in Our Online Systems
- Another responsibility will be for you to implement various data into our online database such as new Associate information, new Supplier information, new Client information, inspection reports, various attachments, etc. You will also be responsible for constantly updating our online database information and continuously creating new events and assuring their closure of cancellation.
Associate Networking and Communication
- In order to maintain an adequate base of suitable resources, you are responsible for networking in industry groups (e.g. ASQ) and maintaining regular contact with highly active Associates. In addition, you will be responsible for creatively obtaining referrals from existing Associates and other sources, e.g. Clients, local companies (to specific requirements), universities, job fairs.
- As requirements will be provided to you with certain parameters (rates, date range, scope, etc.), you will be responsible for the immediate feedback to Program Management or Sales if any parameter is unrealistic (e.g. inadequate rates or unrealistic time frames).
- As a collective ’owner’ of process(s) related to managing Associate resources, you will be responsible for their continuous improvement.
- Perform any necessary training or orientation required for Associates to be fully prepared to perform tasks for SQA on behalf of Clients.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
Training for this role will begin on-site at SQA headquarters and with remote working as well. This training will cover all of SQA’s infrastructure and functional areas, including the major operations processes of Establishing, Searching, Submitting and Servicing.
Other training will largely depend on the requirements of Client programs. At a minimum, training will be provided on the following:
- The SQA value proposition and business process
- Understanding how we apply our software to the business process
- Use of each of the major operational systems (PCR, STEPQ and Salesforce)
- Fundamental Quality principles, systems, processes and implementation
- Other applications, as required.
Additional training will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and may be requested at any time. A training program may also identify a need for additional training to be provided by SQA.
You will be actively involved in determining and realizing your own career development goals. These are normally identified and evaluated during reviews, however may be discussed at any time. Specific goals shall be addressed on a case-by-case basis.