- Take on interesting projects with the elbow room to ‘think outside the box,’ and the autonomy to help us create the new processes and procedures that will take us to the next level as an organization.
- Gain broad exposure and visibility in this newly created role as you work cross-functionally within the organization, and directly with customers.
- Showcase your potential to advance your career and take on new challenges and wider responsibilities within our organization.
- Enjoy a positive and upbeat culture in which success is recognized and rewarded -- just one reason we have a high number of long-tenured employees.
- Find plenty of growth opportunities throughout the organization. We’re growing, extending, and expanding, and you’ll be positioned well to grow right along with us.
A good deal of your time will be spent resolving issues, so you’ll need a strong understanding of root causes and how to implement corrective actions. You’ll participate in problem solving and make recommendations involving welding and other general production quality issues. You will be out of your office, working out on the floor, more than half of your time. You’ll also work with customers when they come in for inspections, acting as the technical person on the project.REQUIREMENTS To be a good fit for this Welding and Process Engineer opportunity you will have:
- A bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Welding Engineering from a four-year college or university and minimum 5 years experience; or an associate's degree with a minimum 10 years of experience in welding, machining and assembly operations
- Strong technical knowledge of welding and welding procedures/documentation
- General knowledge of machining and assembly
- The ability to read blueprints
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong technical and communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others
- The ability to think outside the box, and to create / update SOPs
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment of rapid / frequent change