The Transportation Manager will work under the supervision of the Operations Manager. The Transportation Manager is responsible for supervising the day-to-day operations of the department and coordinating daily product shipments. To succeed in this role, the Transportation Manager should have thorough knowledge of supply chain management and an understanding of warehouse procedures; including storing goods, dispatching orders, and tracking transportation vehicles. The Transportation Manager will need to adhere to local, state, and federal safety policies and regulations in accordance with Company requirements and Department of Transportation (DOT); ensuring that all drivers are up-to-date with all training requirements. Responsible for establishing and scheduling daily and weekly routes, and will plan and supervise shipments. Ensuring and managing cost-effective process controls. The Transportation Manager will coordinate with supporting departments to maintain department operations and customer service expectations. Pay depends upon experience.
Job Duties include, but not limited to:
• Plan and supervise Company shipments.
• Schedule daily and weekly routes.
• Responsible for communicating job expectations to staff; urgency needed with all personnel to
maintain flow and meet scheduled departure/delivery times and dates.
• Track orders using functional systems to ensure on-time deliveries.
• Track and understand established routes and revise as needed to optimize operations.
• Analyze routes and establish a predetermined time frame for completion.
• Monitor routes to ensure equipment and driver are being managed effectively.
• Coordinate with Drivers to ensure proper storage and put-away of customer returns.
• Monitor and report on transportation costs.
• Research and suggest cost-effective shipping methods.
• Conduct regular safety audits on equipment.
• Ensure that maintenance and repairs for transportation vehicles and equipment are
being scheduled and conducted as needed.
• Ensure shipping documents are properly filed.
• Keep organized records of vehicles, schedules and completed orders.
• Ensure compliance with company polices and shipping legislation.
• Stay up-to-date with safety regulations.
• Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all
federal, state, and local regulations for the safe operations of Company vehicles.
• Enforce strict adherence to local, state, and federal transportation rules and regulations.
• Ensure Company is adhering with Safety policies.
• Responsible for orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining
• Organize training sessions for employees (e.g. proper use of machines and handling of hazardous material)
• Must possess efficient oral and written communication skills.
• Must be computer literate and be capable to operate assigned software.
• Other duties as required.
• High School Diploma or GED
• 1-3 yrs. work experience as a Transportation Manager, or similar role.
• Must be Bilingual (English and Spanish)
• Must have knowledge of vehicle safety, control systems, vehicle equipment, vehicle maintenance,
vehicle telematics, driver management, speed management, fuel management, and health and
• Must have knowledge of DOT regulations; governing safe driving, hours of service, inspection
• Must satisfactorily pass a drug test.
• Must satisfy I-9 requirements.
• Background check clearance
• Solid knowledge of supply chain management
• Experience preparing and tracking orders
• Familiarity with logistics software
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to supervise and train staff
• Problem-solving abilities
Please send resume by email to Lmartinez@spsmgmt.net or apply in person at 5724 Trowbridge, El Paso, TX 79925. For any questions, please call (915) 778-2669 during office hours, 8am - 5pm (Mon-Fri).