QA Inspector / Food Safety Technician
SPS Employer Risk Management LLC El Paso, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
- $12 Hourly
- Benefits: medical,
Pay $11.50 / Full-time
2nd shift (2:00 pm – 10:30 pm)
Company is looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Inspector/FS Technician with an unwavering commitment to meticulous production. The ideal candidate is an exceptionally organized, methodical professional with the experience necessary to take our products to the next level with respect to accuracy, security, and safety. You will be responsible for ensuring the product or service meets the established standards of quality including reliability, usability and performance required for distribution and the market. The QA Inspector / FS Technician is responsible for efficiently performing tasks related to inspection of produce at receiving point, and monitoring quality during storage. The QA Inspector / FS Technician will report to the Compliance QA Manager and/or Operations Manager.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct quality checks and temperature readings with different measuring devices in inbound loads, and report findings.
- Perform quality checks and report findings throughout staged product.
- Comply with environmental testing program by collecting samples and following procedures.
- Ensure employees adhere to food safety and quality regulations and report any food safety and quality infringements to the QA/FS Manager.
- Calibrate and clean testing equipment.
- Advise on procedures to improve production efficiency.
- Manage On Hold Product Program and communicate with QAFS Manager / Packaging Manager status and progress of holds.
- Assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Plan, conduct and monitor testing and inspection of materials, products and processes to ensure finished product quality.
- Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities.
- Assist in the investigation of customer complaints and non-conformance issues.
- Collect and compile quality data for further statistical trending and analyzing.
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system.
- Develop, recommend and monitor corrective actions and develop preventive actions for future occurrence.
- Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality inspection activities.
- Ensure that applicable paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible format and with required information in accordance to SOP’s.
- Identify training needs and assist organizing training interventions to meet quality standards.
- Support on-site audits conducted by external providers.
- Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to work in a cold environment, with temperatures ranging from 34°F - 50°F
- May be exposed to two major allergens (eggs and milk).
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and company food safety policies.
- Hold, or be able to obtain food handlers card - HACCP Certification are a plus.
- Quality inspection, auditing and testing experience a plus
- Experience with implementation of corrective action programs
- Product or industry-specific experience
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, QA applications and databases
- Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of QA
- Solid experience in effective usage of data analysis tools and statistical analysis
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements
- Experience with writing and enforcing standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Strong analytical and mathematics skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish)
- Must satisfactorily pass a drug test
- Must satisfy I-9 requirements
- Background check clearance
Call 915-778-2669 for any questions (Mon- Fri, 8am - 5pm)
SPS Employer Risk Management LLCWhy Work Here?
Great company to work for!
5724 TrowbridgeEl Paso, TX
TechnologyView all jobs at SPS Employer Risk Management LLC