Outside Sales Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SPS Companies, Inc. is currently seeking an individual to fill an Outside Sales Representative position at our St. Louis Park, MN location. We welcome your integrity, sales professionalism, and diligent work ethic.
Established in 1951, SPS Companies, Inc. is a wholesale distributor of products and services for residential and commercial plumbing, mechanical and industrial piping, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration, and fire protection.
In addition to plumbing and heating, our metals division, doing business as SPS Metals, is a national distributor of quality roofing and architectural sheet metal. SPS Companies, Inc. also has a fire protection division, with six locations doing business as SPS Fire Protection and Pipe Fabricators.
As an Employee-Owned Company (ESOP), our employees have a vested interest in SPS and directly benefit from its success.
- Identify and establish contact with potential customers
- Schedule and perform product demonstrations with potential customers
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing customers
- Attend industry trade shows to identify potential sales leads and make meaningful contact with existing customers
- Follow industry trends to identify new opportunities for potential sales
- Recommend marketing strategies to target a specific region or demographic
- Impeccable interpersonal communication skills
- Effective electronic communication skills to relay questions, quotes, and sales to the inside team while out in the field.
- Use Salesforce to log all sales calls with notes and update customer information
- Use Solar for checking call logs and some order entry
- Three weeks of training at the office before the representative heads out into the field.
This position requires both cold knocking for new customers and “warm knocking” with existing customers who are not currently buying new construction materials from us.
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient with related computer systems and applications
- Convey messages, ideas, and decisions through clear verbal and written communication.
- Active listener – understand and identify customer needs
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Able to problem solve, analyze information, and effectively coordinate projects to meet customer needs
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work effectively
- Strong communication, customer service, and phone skills
- Education: High school diploma/GED required (Associate’s degree preferred)
- Experience: Minimum 2 years in similar position preferred (3 years preferred)
- Product/applications experience preferred
- Wholesale distribution experience preferred
Position is base salary + commissions and is negotiable based on experience.
This is a full-time position. Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, life and AD&D, long-term and short-term disability insurance.
SPS Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are a drug-free workplace, with pre-employment drug screening required. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
SPS COMPANIES INC
Get fresh Outside Sales REPS jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.