The Staff Accountant is responsible for the complete set of books. The monthly closing cycle will be performed to a prescribed format utilizing standard journal entries and proven source documents. The emphasis will be on accurate, timely closing while considering that monthly cut-offs will be limited only to "material transactions". The closing cycle will require the reconciliation of subsidiary systems to the general ledger, specifically accounts receivable and accounts payable. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for routine external reporting such as Sales and Use Tax Reports.
- Prepare standard journal entries from source documents.
- Generate preliminary financial statements within corporate timetable for Financial Manager Review.
- Resolve VP Finance's questions regarding preliminary financials.
- Generate final monthly financials and distribute in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of general ledger to subsidiary ledger (accounts receivable/accounts payable)
- Perform quarterly reconciliation of major Prepaid and Accrual accounts.
- Prepare monthly elimination entries.
- Prepare all Sales & Use Tax Returns for N.A.
- BS in Accounting
- PC and spreadsheet expertise and capability
- Achieve acceptable scores on designated aptitude tests
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Education Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- ESOP Pension
* Fourteen production/sales locations in twelve countries producing approximately two billion metal components annually
* Over 70 years experience in spring pin design and manufacturing technology