Process Technician - Injection Molding
SPF Plastic Group Byron, GA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
SPF is a Plastic Injection Molding Company in Byron, GA. We are looking for an exceptional candidate to Injection Molding Process Technician Position who use safety and is quality and production oriented. This is a full-time position on an hourly basis. Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen. Only candidates that meet these requirements will be considered to interview. Basic Electrical Knowledge is a Requirement!
Responsibilities: The Injection Molding Process Technician is primarily responsible for ensuring molding processes meet or exceed acceptable levels of productivity and part quality. The ideal candidate should have experience in setup, process development, and troubleshooting skills with both electric and hydraulic injection machines, and auxiliary equipment. Must be able to perform other tasks as assigned. Must have good communication skills.
- Must wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Mold Set ups and Insert Changeovers
- Set up auxiliary equipment
- Communicate with the Quality Inspectors to ensure production is approved
- Resolving quality related complaints from QC
- Assist in training new operators’ proper procedures with machinery and equipment
- Comply with all processing procedures as set up by the Plant Manager
- Participate in team problem solving
- Responsible for following all internal and OSHA required safety procedures
- High level of individual responsibility skills and ability to self manage
- Perform trouble shooting of molding processes with electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical systems, secondary operations, equipment
- Knowledge of electrical, cooling water and compressed air system problems and if needed communicate with outside manufactures if repairs cannot be performed in a timely manner internally
- Clean and set up auxiliary equipment
- Perform equipment and Mold PM’s, and basic repairs
- Experience working with a variety of mold machines
- Experience in processing different types of resins
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work in a fast-peace environment with a minimal supervision
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds, reaching, carrying, pushing/pulling bend at waist and climb ladders frequently
- Candidate must work in hot and cold temperature
- Ability to read blueprints (Hydraulic prints is a plus)
- Have good attendance and punctuality
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to follow oral and/or written instructions
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent
- Injection Molding Maintenance experience
- Basic Mechanical and Electrical Experience
Benefits: After 90 days, we offer dental, vision, life, and partial paid health benefits, as well as a Simple IRA matching plan. After 1 year, you accumulate 40 hours paid vacation. After 2 years, you accumulate 80 hours paid vacation. We have a clean environment and responsive staff.
How to Apply: Send resume through Zip Recruiter or Fill out application at www.spfgroupscom, click on CAREERS at bottom of page.
SPF Plastic GroupWhy Work Here?
Great benefit, teamwork all around, and much potential and room for growth!
The SPF formula is simple; we believe that dedicated and talented people, efficient process controls and a clearly defined purpose create measurable customer value. SPF encourages diversity in the workplace and individual empowerment to challenge the status quo. Embracing the future with new ideas and a sense of purpose ensures that SPF remains ahead of the curve.
114 Pat Joiner Blvd. ByronByron, GA
ManufacturingView all jobs at SPF Plastic Group