Structural / Civil Project Engineer
SPEC Services, Inc. is a premier firm in Civil and Structural engineering and is seeking a self-motivated and energetic applicant to apply for a Structural/Civil Engineer position in Southern California.
About the Position
In this position, you will apply your knowledge of the principles of structural analysis to:
- Act as an engineering lead on the civil and structural portion of multi-discipline projects
- Prepare engineering calculations for the structural design of concrete foundations, steel structures, and anchorage including seismic and wind loading analyses
- Pipe Supports, equipment and maintenance platforms, retaining walls, industrial buildings
- Mechanical and electrical equipment foundations
- Use finite element analysis tools such as RISA 3D
- Participate in planning, cost control and scheduling for assigned projects
- Direct design staff to prepare drawing packages that include structural steel and concrete detailing for design of the following:
- Steel structures including: pipe and cable tray supports, canopies, equipment and access platforms, stairs and walkways, industrial buildings, pipe bridges
- Foundations for electrical and mechanical equipment, buildings, tanks, vessels, light poles, pipe and cable tray supports, platforms, etc.
- Grading and drainage design, site development, storm water pipe hydraulics
The position has a flexible 9/80 work schedule with a hybrid work location, supporting the Fountain Valley office.
Your core duties and responsibilities may require you to do the following:
- Project planning and design with an emphasis on structural engineering
- Permitting plans through local agencies, interfacing with clients and construction contractors, performing field investigations and structural observations
- Preparation of plan checks, reports, proposals, and other written assignments
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate technical subject matter to a wide range of audiences
- Desire and ability to learn new skills and assume greater responsibilities
- Ability to use CAD design tools proficiently is a plus (AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Revit)
- General knowledge of the use of concrete and structural steel in the design of structures.
- Knowledge of seismic and wind design provisions in the IBC/CBC, ASCE 7, AISC and ACI codes.
- Ability to visit local project sites for data gathering and inspections with occasional travel to farther locations
Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Civil Engineering is required with emphasis on Structural is preferred.
- 2+ years of civil/structural design experience is required.
- Energy infrastructure experience is preferred.
- Engineering consulting experience is preferred.
- California Civil EIT certification is required. California Professional Engineer license is strongly preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required.
SPEC SERVICES INC.Fountain Valley, CA
ConstructionView All SPEC SERVICES INC. Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.