Mechanical & Chemical Design Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
We are seeking engineering graduates in the fields of Chemical and Mechanical engineering to perform support engineering and design services for a variety of energy infrastructure projects serving the Western and Southwestern United States. SPEC provides overall system planning for energy storage and transportation facilities and follow through with detailed engineering and coordination to upgrade and expand existing systems and to develop new facilities. We offer challenging work in a productive environment with career opportunities to develop, along a technical or project management career path.
Initial responsibilities will be in support of the overall engineering and design effort for refining, logistics and gas utility projects, and will include piping and pump hydraulic calculations, assisting with system flow diagram development, equipment sizing and specifications, vendor coordination, construction specifications, and project estimates. Engineers in this position have typically learned quickly through increasingly challenging assignments, and their role has grown to include coordination with other engineering disciplines, project engineering and project management. Job duties will also include interfacing with clients and construction contractors, field investigation, and construction startup support.
- B.S. Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is required.
- EIT certification is a benefit.
- Candidate must be able to communicate effectively with team members in both verbal and written form.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD is preferred.
- Familiarity with modeling software such as HYSYS, SolidWorks, CAESAR II, etc. is a benefit.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word is required.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required.
SPEC SERVICES INC.
AddressFountain Valley, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at SPEC SERVICES INC.