Network Application Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Application Administration Services include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the monitoring and maintenance of all electrical, mechanical and HVAC equipment within the data center by managing building automation system on government-owned IT network.
- Preliminary assessment and troubleshooting of BAS infrastructure issues or equipment, while coordinating with on-site facilities personnel.
- Act as the initial point of contact with government IT for coordinating implementation security patches, system upgrades, reporting system issues, emergencies, failures, etc.
- When on call be available 24x7 to respond to all application issues deemed emergent.
- Ability to support “On Call Duty” 24/7 accessible by phone, have gov. issued laptop available with internet access.
- Prepare and submit a weekly activity report (WAR).
- Work with government IT teams to maintain application security and uptime.
- Validate Building Automation System (BAS) users monthly.
- Check and correct application issues on a daily basis.
- Travel as necessary to support the application. Travel estimated at a maximum of 10%.
- Maintain all production environments.
- Coordinate all BAS activities related to maintaining, operating, and repairing the application. This includes physical security and information assurance.
- Application administrators must be a US citizen IT-I cleared or able to obtain necessary federal clearance.
- Knowledge of standard programming languages such as VBA, .NET and SQL for the development of HMI/SCADA systems is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with Building Automation Control (DDC) Systems such as Delta Controls, Johnson Controls, and Invensys is preferred, but not required.
- Networking design and implementation experience including Ethernet TCP/IP, BACnet, and Modbus communication protocols.
- Kepware OPC Server implementation, development, and modification.
- Ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams, schematics and blueprints is preferred.
- Knowledge of the design, detail and implementation of a variety of fiber and wired systems using industrial protocols (Ethernet/IP, BACnet, Modbus, etc.).
- Knowledge of electric power distribution systems, their infrastructure, common operating practices, and the control principles underlying them is a plus.
- Knowledge of parameters and the process involved in measuring Data Center Efficiency (PUE) is a plus.
- Conscientious individual demonstrating attention to detail along with high levels of ownership and commitment.
- To have the ability to work alone, in close collaboration with one or two others, or as part of a larger multi-disciplinary team.
- Motivation to create high quality products and systems and learn new skills.
- A good team player capable of delivering results under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- The ability and willingness to communicate clearly and precisely. Verbally, in writing, and graphically, with both clients and colleagues.
Education – A Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical/Control Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar discipline is required.
Security+ Certification – an active and current certification is required
Experience – 1 year or more with capabilities in below areas is preferred, but not required:
- An in-depth understanding of HMI/SCADA hardware/software platforms specifically ICONICS GENESIS64 is preferred
- Experience in industries such as Facilities/Data Centers, Building Automation, and Electrical Distribution.
- Experience in interpreting and modifying/creating electrical schematics, including power distribution systems, control drawings is desired.
- Experience with AutoCAD is also required
- Proficient with PC’s and Microsoft Office Software
- Able to obtain Government Top Secret Clearance
For the more than 25 years SPEC, LLC has worked exclusively in the government sector and provided enterprise-level support for the Building Automation Systems (BAS) at our client’s multiple datacenter locations. Our services include BAS Design, Development, Monitoring, Installation, Maintenance, Repair, and Emergency Support.
5305 N Santa Fe Ave. Oklahoma CityOklahoma City, OK
TechnologyView all jobs at SPEC, LLC