Veterinary Nurse / Technician
SPCA Florida Lakeland, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Here at SPCA Florida, our strength is our staff. We know that caring for animals is more than just a job, it's our passion. We have a team of dedicated, innovative, and compassionate people who strives to care for every animal that comes to our Hospital. We work together every day to make a difference in the lives of animals and their families. Come join us and our pet health care professionals where you will have the chance to advocate for pets, educate clients on all aspects of pet health, and help provide the best care for our client's pets while under the Veterinarian's care.
SPCA Florida is seeking a full time experienced veterinary nurse / technician, to join our state-of-the art Medical Center. Our hospital is an Idexx Laboratories integrated practice containing, but not limited to digital radiology, in house laboratory testing equipment and wide range of surgical outpatient procedures offered. Our nurse's primary responsibilities include complete case management and knowledge, client education and communications, as well as all basic technical skills and nursing care.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience Required:
- Must Love Animals and Care about People.
- Preferred but not required: CVT Graduate from AVMA accredited program and/or equivalent experience as a veterinary assistant/technician.
- Having the ability to take radiographs and proper positioning, having the capability to complete clinical laboratory tests, assist in surgery and perform dental procedures.
- Proficient in humane restraint techniques in different situations and for various procedures.
- Having the ability to administer medications, blood draws and I V Catheterization.
- Experience working as a veterinary technician in an established practice.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule (including some Saturdays as needed). We are open 6 days a week; schedules of either four 10 hour days or five 8 hour days to facilitate client needs.
- Knowledge of Avimark and Shelter Love a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; attention to detail.
- Ability to work in an ever-changing environment
- Candidates must be eager to learn, show initiative, understand vaccine and product protocols, and ability to work in a very fast paced environment with minor supervision.
- As a benefit, the CVA online program is offered at no cost to the team member
- Reliable transportation, valid driver's license and proof of insurance a must.
SPCA Florida offers competitive wages, benefits, a 403(b) plan, paid time off, and six (6) paid holidays. As an added benefit, SPCA Florida pays for CVA online program if not a CVT.
We offer very competitive salaries and an invigorating work environment with lots of room for career growth. We believe in a work/life balance to have a happy home life. This position allows you to participate in our excellent benefits package which includes paid time off, 401K, health, dental and vision insurance, and pet care discounts, At SPCA Florida we have created what we believe is a good balance between professional expertise and a positive work environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace; background checks
AnimalView all jobs at SPCA Florida