SPATCO is looking for an energetic Petroleum Construction Crew Leader to join our team. This person will work in SPATCO's Construction Division and specialize in all aspects of the petroleum industry including the installation and removal of above and below ground petroleum storage tanks, piping, setting dispensers and pumping units, as well as all aspects of these jobs including; concrete work, electrical, environmental cleanup, and disposing of the old equipment.
• The Construction Crew Leader will coordinate job duties and delegate tasks to construction workers and sub-contractors.
• This role will monitor and maintain schedules for workmen and sub-contractors; make sure the best skills are applied by each workman and ensure product installation requirements are followed accurately and efficiently.
• Ensure all safe work practices are followed at all times, and ensure safe housekeeping practices are followed at all times, including job cleanup at the end of each day.
• Brief crew members on daily tasks and direct workmen on assigned tasks.
• Track rental equipment, material needs and use, monitor labor and sub-contractor costs to maintain project budgets.
• Verify accuracy and compliance of tasks in progress to comply with codes, project specifications and manufacturer requirements.
• Document daily activities, material/parts used, testing, inspections and visitors.
• Maintain product warranty documentation.
• Create and maintain positive working relationships with crew members, vendors, suppliers, and sub-contractors to maintain a timely flow of supplies, materials and sub-contractor work.
Experience, Competencies and Education
• Experience in the petroleum industry and product familiarity is a plus but not required. 40hr OSHA Hazwopper training a plus.
• Installer certifications in the industry is a plus.
• Equipment operation experience is a plus.
• Ability to lift 75 –100 lbs when necessary during the course of performing their necessary duties.
• Work outside during all types of weather.
• Work under time constraints efficiently and have the ability to work well with others.
• Follow all company procedures. If you need a copy of procedures, please see your Branch manager.
• Keep company vehicle Clean, maintenance done regular, and only use for company business.
SPATCO Energy Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local law. SPATCO is a Drug Free Workplace. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals who are veterans or who have disabilities are able to perform the essential functions. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.