As Designer, you'll be a key member of the user-centered design process. You’ll work with the design and project team in solving complex business problems through deep customer empathy, helping to define clear business goals, thoughtful design experiences, and relentless experimentation and refinement. Although your biggest strength is making things look great aesthetically, you also succeed in aligning business goals, branding, and user needs.
Design: You’re very comfortable with applying graphic and digital design skills across websites, web and mobile applications, and social media campaigns. Creating end-to-end detailed designs as a series of experience maps, storyboards, wireframes, and interactive prototypes is all in a day’s work for you. In addition, you’re all over new tools and trends in the design industry, and keep the team up-to-date with the latest happenings.
Design Planning: You understand the importance of user research, user interviews and creating user stories and are willing to define, promote and conduct the process along the way.
Managing the Design Process: You are confident about taking clients and teams through the design process to create stellar work. In addition you’re able to coordinate the work of multiple designers responsible for crafting more granular experiences and weave them into a seamless end-to-end experience.
Concept Development: You’re comfortable engaging with product teams at a strategic level and can frame out what we need to build and how to get there. Your user flows and designs are well thought out and have a purpose. You can clearly articulate the ideas behind your designs, how those designs will be presented, and the theme of your design elements toward a unified whole.
Branding: You have helped form a brand identity by leading the development of a client’s or company’s story and image.
Workshop Facilitation: We are often leading workshops with our clients and stakeholders to collaboratively think through problems. You will help setup and run some of these workshops.
- 5+ years of UI/UX design experience, working with clients or in a creative agency environment
- A strong portfolio of your work in graphic, web, mobile, and UX design and the ability to tell how you researched and crafted great experiences.
- Experience creating Personas, Customer Journey Maps
- Facilitation Experience in running design workshops
- Expert with Adobe Suite, Sketch, Invision, or other design tools.
- Ability to clearly articulate the value of design to clients and team members
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Clear and articulate verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working across teams - Leadership, Product/Project Management, Development, and Marketing
The most important thing we’re looking for is a portfolio of your work showing experience with user-centered design, prototyping, wireframing, and visual design. A link to your personal website, Dribbble, or BeHance account is usually best but links to the different products you’ve worked on are helpful too.