As a Software Developer, you know software inside and out and can make insightful decisions to ensure a great user experience. You'll be responsible for the back-end development in this role while having ingrained empathy towards your users.
We craft experiences no matter the toolset, but do still lean toward a particular stack. So you should know it or be able to transfer your current experience to bootstrap quickly. You should be comfortable working in an agile development environment with Git-based version control and have a deep understanding of the web.
- Build digital applications using a variety of programming languages
- Contribute to and motivate fellow team members to work in a positive, collaborative, and team-oriented environment
- Use automated testing practices (TDD, BDD, full-stack integration, and continuous integration)
- Work within an agile development environment alongside team members including task estimation, test automation, deployment automation, and continuous integration
- Iterate on and improve existing products and applications
- Provide technical feedback on early concepts
- Work in a variety of client-facing settings
- Help improve existing engineering and dev-ops processes
- Stay up-to-date on industry changes and trends
- 3+ years of experience in software development, preferably in a role collaborating with other developers
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails development specifically, Ruby and it's various frameworks
- Strong SQL background (data modeling and query), along with document-oriented databases and key-value stores.
- Strong written/spoken communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills
- Comfortable creating and testing Prototype solutions
- Bonus points for experience in other programming languages such as iOS, Elixr, and graph databases, and with tools such as Pivotal Tracker