We’re in search of a Back-end Developer! As a Back-end developer, you’ll create and maintain the entire back-end function of projects for our amazing clients. The back-end developer takes finished front-end code and gives it working functionality.
You will work in a collaborative team environment where you’ll work with product managers and designers throughout the entire project lifecycle to execute and launch applications for clients. You will be a valued contributor on an agile software development team.
Major Tasks Performed (Essential Job Functions)
- Design and build applications for web based platforms. Must be able to modify, code, test, debug, and maintain a wide array of software.
- Database creation, integration, and management. You will work with project development team to write, develop and maintain high-quality components using appropriate code language.
- Participate in development by actively writing code, conducting unit testing, performing code reviews.
- Create testing environments with detailed test plans to technical specifications and test cases based on software/hardware requirements to determine bugs and whether product improves efficiencies.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications, timelines and budget restrictions.
- Analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems. Develop and configure mission-critical applications and/or web portals.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve potential and evident system problems. Provide troubleshooting support.
- Prepare systems specifications, project plans, and other internal documents. Ensure users and partners understand nature of work being performed, as well as timeframes and milestones. Provide regular status updates to project managers.
- 3+ years of experience in software development working through the design, development, release cycle, deliverables, and evaluation of software products to market.
- Ability to write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Familiarity with version control (Git)
- Full-stack proficiency is a BONUS
- Experience with application hosting and deployment preferred (AWS, Google, other)
- Database administration experience is a BONUS (i.e. PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL, MongoDB)
- Ability to multi-task and work with team to meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail - a problem solver!
- Creativity and willingness to think outside the box.