SPAR FDM Field Administration, Inc. is seeking a Client Zone Lead to provide direct oversight to Retail Merchandisers for SPAR Field Services, a leading supplier of retail services to Fortune 1000 manufacturers and retailers in the United States. SPAR contracts over 50,000 retail merchandising, auditing, installation and assembly projects per year in almost every zip code in the country.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Direct oversight of Retail Merchandisers to ensure they are meeting client expectations
- Work in a team environment to ensure Zone Client coverage, assisting each other with follow up, assigning, and recruiting.
- Responsible for carrying our major assignments in conducting business operations for the company, which include
- Setting Merchandisers up with client assignments
- Tracking progress of client deadlines
- Following up on late completions to ensure we are completing client projects
- Weekly scheduling of several projects
- Timely completion of work initiatives in order to meet client expectations.
- Utilize Status comments, to provide accurate timely updates.
- Must be capable of positively leading the field group; and administering company policies, procedures and process
- Responsible for recruiting new merchandisers, which include:
- Communicating client objectives to all merchandisers
- Providing job/contract opportunities to merchandisers
- Negotiate and managing hourly rate cost to merchandisers within company and zone goals
- Managing travel (access) cost to within company and zone goals
- Responsible for providing quality assurance via live or phone audits on behalf of our clients
- Required to investigate and resolve matters of significance on behalf of management in relation to merchandiser issues that directly affect services at client locations (i.e. falsification, theft, etc.)
- Must be capable of facing and rectifying challenges, meet expectations in work completions, use independent judgment, and exercise discretion as needed
- Work closely with management and provide expert advice on field conditions that require management to make changes to internal web tools for field use
- Oversee there Zone Support to ensure they are meeting client directives, while providing support coverage as directed during allotted hours.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Must have grocery, mass or drug store experience
- Must be able to multi task and perform in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal, written and computer skills, proficient in outlook, word and excel
- Must have good "people skills" – Experience in recruiting is required
- Limited travel throughout zone and the U.S.
- Work from home (Company provides computer, fax and supplies)
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: This position requires minimum education of High School Diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE: This position requires minimum of up to 2 years’ experience.
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of computers, including e-mail, excel and word processing abilities.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position does have limited supervisory responsibilities. Those who manage others are expected to have the ability to lead one or a team of individuals to achieve department goals.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment for this position is Office or Home Office Setting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be regularly met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Seeing, hearing, walking, standing, lifting up to 50 lbs , bending, speaking, sitting, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, communicating and working.