- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Spanish Broadcasting System has an immediate opening for a Sales Assistant to join its group of stations. The Sales Assistant provides administrative support to Account Executives and Sales Managers. This high-energy position works closely with other departments and clients while juggling multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment. Proficiency in MS office products, strong attention to detail, and ability to work in a past-paced deadline-oriented environment required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Sales Managers and Account Executives in the complete sales process. Duties include sales order entry into Wide Orbit, order revisions, pulling invoices, spot times, airchecks, trade order processing, managing pre-empts and offer make-good opportunities, and assisting with campaign proposals, airchecks and recaps
- Facilitate promotions and station events in vCreative
- Work with the traffic department and the digital traffic department in handling matters concerning copy, co-op facilitation and continuity
- Communicate with the credit department to facilitate order approval
- Generating contract confirmations and invoices for staff upon request
- Provide and assist with copy translation when needed and ensuring client spot approval
- Assist with billing adjustments, forms and procedures
- Collaborate with other Sales Assistant(s) and provide backup support as needed
- Meeting coordination and support, inclusive of team and client events and meetings
- Presentation development to include compilation of audience ratings data, syndicated research resources
- Format Excel spreadsheets and analyze sales/spending data
- Utilize internal revenue data base systems
- Develop and maintain client profiles, sales databases, mailing/distribution lists, meeting calendars, shared libraries of all national and regional presentations
- Research client and relevant industry news; prepare client backgrounds
- General administrative assistance, including phone coverage, copying, filing, mail services
- Other responsibilities as assigned by management
Essential duties and responsibilities are those most important or most frequently performed duties. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
- At least 2-3 years of administrative/sales experience
- Excellent organizational, energetic self-starter, resourceful, with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to function well in a fast-‐paced environment that often includes multiple, concurrent projects.
- Possess exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal in English and Spanish, to communicate with internal teams and clients.
- Optimal customer service skills
- Knowledge of sales and media software, such as WideOrbit and vCreative, preferred
- Working in a fast-‐paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to adapt to changing deadlines and schedules
- Flexible with ability to adjust to changing priorities
- Client focused, supporting a number of concurrent initiatives
- Ability to create professional, compelling sales presentation materials, a plus
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a must
- Valid driver’s license
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications listed above, an individual must be able to perform each of the established essential functions to perform this job successfully.
Work involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs may be defined as sedentary when walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
SBS requires that all U.S. and Puerto Rico employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to submit proof of vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will reasonably accommodate a qualified candidate, who may be unable to be vaccinated, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
SBS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BusinessView all jobs at SPANISH BROADCASTING