Senior Project Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
SP Industries is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our Project Management Office (PMO), which provides high-quality project management execution of a portfolio of projects which supports SP’s strategic goals.
This is a Hybrid position in Warminster, PA and will require travel to client locations.
Why join SP?
- We provide a wide range of innovative and high-quality scientific products that improve people’s lives.
- We offer a robust health and welfare benefits package that includes Life, Health, Dental, Vision.
- We offer 401(K) including company match, Paid Time Off annually + Paid Holidays.
- You will enjoy career Advancement Opportunities and Tuition Assistance to help you achieve your goals and continue your career growth.
- We respect each other and foster a collaborative work environment.
- We innovate and are open to change.
- We are responsible, accountable and act with integrity.
- WE LIKE WHAT WE DO!
What you will do:
- Manage a selection of the more strategically important projects in the PMO portfolio to ensure the project goals and objectives are met and stakeholders are satisfied.
- Strengthen SP’s PMO by leading initiatives to implement project management best practices within SP.
- Mentor and train project managers and project coordinators
A majority of the PMO’s portfolio are “production” projects for engineering, fabrication, assembly and testing of food, drug and chemical batch process capital equipment and sub-systems within the domestic manufacturing facilities of the company and, as needed, at specific job sites worldwide.
The PMO’s portfolio also includes other types of high-profile projects:
- R&D projects which support or expand SP’s portfolio of products
- Strategic projects which focus on cultural, process, or business transformation
- IT projects which provide new or improved technology infrastructure, systems, or business applications
- CAPEX projects which involve investments in facilities, machinery, or non-IT infrastructure
This position reports into the Manager of the PMO. This position will rely on a strong ability to be successful in a matrix organization where project team members report into their own functional teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the successful delivery of a portion of the PMO overall portfolio.
- Position is up to 50% travel to SP facilities, vendors, or customer sites required. Some travel may be foreign.
- Tracking and reporting of key project information.
- Main point of contact for project stakeholders, including SP’s customers and end-users.
- Work closely with nearly every department within SP including sales, portfolio management, estimating, engineering, service, manufacturing, and management.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, and Skills
Education and Experience
A minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree from a four-year college or university; or five to ten year's related training and experience in a technical, engineering, or science oriented field; or an equivalent combination of both education and experience.
Five years of project management experience with experience in the following areas:
- Projects involving manufacturing and fabrication of engineered equipment.
- Projects for high-profile R&D, strategic, IT and/or CAPEX.
- Projects involving field installations and commissioning of equipment on-site.
- Working directly with end-users and contractors in a commercial capacity.
- Presenting and interacting with executive management on a regular basis.
- Continuous improvement and change management of business processes.
- Experience with pharmaceutical or life sciences industries, lyopholization, fill-finish production lines, FDA process validation, GDP, GAMP documentation, and/or machine controls integration is a strong plus but not required.
Project Management Skills
- Able to prepare project schedules, from high-level estimates to complex gantt charts
- Able to understand and maintain project cost reports of varying details and complexity
- Able to work with stakeholders to clearly define scope
- Able to manage project changes and minimize scope creep
- Able to work efficiently and manage time to meet commitments
- Able to logically break down projects into manageable parts
- Able and willing to quickly learn new subjects to support changing project needs
- Able to manage stressful situations and ask for help when needed
- Able to influence and negotiate effectively internally and externally
- Able to mentor and train project managers and project coordinators
- Able to be assertive and hold team members accountable
- Able to lead in situations which are chaotic, confusing and/or not clearly defined
- Willing to accept full responsibility for projects (aka “the buck stops here” mentality)
- Strong verbal and written English language skills.
- Able to choose the correct communication medium and effectively communicate across a wide range of stakeholders such as engineers, shop floor personnel, financial controllers, and executive management.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must have PMP Certification or commit to obtaining one within 12 months of start.
- Must be able to obtain a US drivers license.
- Must be able to obtain a US passport.
- A working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite software package in such programs as Word, Excel, Access, Outlook.
- Experience with Project Management software such as Microsoft Project.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and listen.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit.
- The employee is regularly required to use normal office tools, equipment and PCs.
- The employee is regularly required to use color vision and work with computerized data.
The work environment characteristics described here are typical of those an employee might encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is normally performed in both the office and the shop.
- The office environment is an interior office with air conditioning.
- The shop contains mobile equipment, machinery, and high voltages.
- The shop noise level is variable and may require hearing protection in some areas.
- The shop is heated when required but many areas are not air conditioned.
- Some shop processes use high voltage arcs or concentrated magnetic fields.
EEO and Affirmative Action Statement:
SP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis and takes affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities. It is our policy to provide our employees and applicants with equal employment opportunities in accordance with applicable laws and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, political belief, pregnancy, citizenship, handicap or disability, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SP's Affirmative Action Plan is available through the HR Department and may be accessed during normal business hours.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
SP will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
SP Industries, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at SP Industries, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?