- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SP Industries is expanding our team and have immediate opening for a Quality Engineer. The Quality Engineer will be responsible for improving the quality of products and processes of the business and increasing production output in the Vineland, NJ facility. The ideal candidate will be very hands-on, have a trained eye for detail and possess in-depth knowledge and comprehension of quality standards. The Quality Engineer is also responsible for the creation of documentation that reports issues and errors relating to the production processes with actions in place to find a solution.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Enjoy a steady work schedule Monday thru Friday with generous time off and 10 paid holidays throughout the year.
- Opportunities for advancement for those that are up for a challenge!
- Build your skills while working with state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment.
- Plan for your future with a generous 401k package and benefits to meet all your needs.
- On the job training!
- Competitive compensation package.
- A robust health and welfare benefits package that includes: Life, Health, Dental, Vision
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Maintain the ISO standards for the company (9001:2015).
- Maintain and update the Quality Manual and Quality Management System.
- Address customer issues.
- Maintain the RMA tracking system.
- Calibrating gauges and tracking calibrations.
- Managing the quality software systems and database.
- Managing the quality inspection equipment.
- Upgrading the quality measurement technology and equipment.
- Perform RCA and complete CAPA reports with action plans. Collect, analyze and summarize data. Implement quality measures and perform validations. Develop recommendations, solutions and improvements.
- Perform detailed quality inspection of incoming products and materials.
- Perform process capability studies.
- Have a high proficiency in computer technology and systems operations.
- Possess basic knowledge of operating measurement equipment (CMM, IM, e.g.).
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management, both internal and external.
- Able to work independently from general supervision. Must be self-motivated once given direction, guidance or tasks.
- Able lead diverse interdisciplinary teams in troubleshooting root causes and developing corrective actions with validation plans.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years related work experience in Quality Engineering in a manufacturing environment. M.S. degree is a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications and know definitions of critical, major and minor characteristics.
- GD&T trained.
- Six Sigma or similar certification preferred.
- ASQ certification preferred.
- Ability to check for workmanship, dimensional specifications (geometric dimensioning and tolerances) and measurement conversions.
- Ability to perform inspection-related measurements.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Quality Management System software experience and knowledge a plus.
- Able to perform in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, both in a team setting and as an individual performer.
- Familiarity with and able to use statistical analysis to deduce and solve problems.
- The work environment characteristics described here are typical of those an employee might encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The shop contains mobile equipment, machinery and high voltages.
- The shop noise level is variable and may require hearing protection in some areas.
- The shop is heated when required but many areas are not air conditioned.
As we continue to grow and provide leading edge products to our customers, we understand hiring the right people and treating them well is critical to our success. There are many exciting reasons to join the SP Team.
- We provide a wide range of innovative and high-quality scientific products that improve people’s lives
- We are customer-focused and value our team’s expertise.
- We respect each other and foster a collaborative work environment.
- We innovate and are open to change.
- We are responsible and accountable and act with integrity.
- WE LIKE WHAT WE DO!
SP will provide assistance to read an application to the visually impaired if necessary.
EEO and Affirmative Action Statement:
SP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis and takes affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities. It is our policy to provide our employees and applicants with equal employment opportunities in accordance with applicable laws and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, political belief, pregnancy, citizenship, handicap or disability, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SP's Affirmative Action Plan is available through the HR Department and may be accessed during normal business hours.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
SP will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
SP Industries, Inc.
ManufacturingView all jobs at SP Industries, Inc.
Get fresh Industrial Quality Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.