- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SP Industries has an exciting opportunity for a Production Manager to join the team!
The Production Manager is responsible for reviewing production schedules and estimating work hour requirements for job assignment completion, will interpret job orders and specifications and assign duties to employees.
This individual will recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product. Evaluate work conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency; analyze and resolve work problems; supervise employees; coordinate with other supervisors in work completion; and maintain high level of quality in documentation, inspections, and job performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the team in the manufacturing of quality products in accordance with work instructions and company policy to ensure a quality product is delivered on time and to specification.
- Analyzes work orders and production schedules to determine operational priorities and appropriate information to process materials, complete assemblies and test products within the lead times.
- Assigns specific work operations, setups, production tasks and/or special projects to subordinates.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining safety standards as required by law and company policy.
- Insure the appropriate level of accountability for respective processes and objectives at the lead level.
- Facilitate team leader workflow, and team members' placement to ensure the facility and company goals are successfully met or exceeded.
- Conduct, lead, or implement the appropriate process audits; the audits will identify the need for the appropriate containment, corrective, and preventive actions, leading to minimizing or eliminating process deviations and non-conforming product root causes.
- Maintain adherence to company policies, safety standards, and good housekeeping practices.
- Review manufacturing methods and develop product/process/ system strategies to meet company objectives for quality, cost, responsiveness and growth.
- Utilize problem solving techniques, teamwork building strategies, process control, and continuous process improvement tools to meet or exceed the facility key operating metrics.
- Act as a member of the supervisory team and perform other duties as required.
- Oversees all production activities and personnel within the designated area of responsibility.
- Coach and provide technical expertise to resolve processing issues and create corrective actions with appropriate follow through plans.
- Implement job related training for all employees.
- Repair and maintenance of machinery.
- Demonstrated motivational and leadership skills
- Effective human relations and negotiation skills
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Minimum 10 years' experience in Manufacturing Operations
- Minimum 5 year's managerial experience in a manufacturing environment
- Project management capability
- College Degree in Engineering or Operations Management preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work is normally performed in a climate-controlled manufacturing environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and is frequently is required to sit; use both hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, crawl, bend and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
As we continue to grow and provide leading edge products to our customers, we understand hiring the right people and treating them well is critical to our success. There are many exciting reasons to join the SP Team.
- We provide a wide range of innovative and high-quality scientific products that improve people’s lives
- We are customer-focused and value our team’s expertise.
- We respect each other and foster a collaboration work environment.
- We innovate and are open to change.
- We are responsible and accountable and act with integrity.
- WE LIKE WHAT WE DO!
SP will provide assistance to read an application to the visually impaired if necessary.
EEO and Affirmative Action Statement:
SP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis and takes affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities. It is our policy to provide our employees and applicants with equal employment opportunities in accordance with applicable laws and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, political belief, pregnancy, citizenship, handicap or disability, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SP's Affirmative Action Plan is available through the HR Department and may be accessed during normal business hours.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
SP will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
SP Industries, Inc.
ManufacturingView all jobs at SP Industries, Inc.
Get fresh Product Management Associate jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.