Machine Operator I - 3rd Shift
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you looking to kick start your career in the field of manufacturing? How about working for a fast-growing organization with multiple doors to further your success? This is not just a job; we offer CAREERS that can push you towards a bright future!
SP Industries is expanding our team and have immediate openings Machine Operators!
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Enjoy a steady work schedule Monday thru Friday with generous time off and 10 paid holidays throughout the year.
- Opportunities for advancement for those that are up for a challenge!
- Build your skills while working with state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment.
- Plan for your future with a generous 401k package and benefits to meet all your needs.
- On the job training!
- Competitive compensation package.
- A robust health and welfare benefits package that includes: Life, Health, Dental, Vision
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Assemble completed desiccators and pipette pumps from component parts, test the completed desiccators and pipette pumps, then pack them for shipment.
- Removes molded products from the molding machine and visually inspects, de-gates and trims parts when necessary.
- May perform limited size inspection utilizing gages, micrometer calipers, or special fixtures. Bags parts and applies header cards or labels when required.
- Performs post-molding operations such as the milling gates, drilling holes, inserting inserts, hand removal of mold components from parts, hot stamping, etc. at the molding machine and during the molding cycle.
- Properly packs the finished or semi-finished parts into master cartons.
- May also operate a regrinding machine, rework or inspect other molded parts and fill in on other machines as demand rises.
- Maintains production statistics and prepares a report for the Lead Operator at the end of the shift.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) are preferred.
- Some manufacturing experience is helpful, but not required.
- Must demonstrate a solid work history and attendance record.
- Must have demonstrated full competence as a Machine Operator I prior to becoming a Machine Operator II.
- Previous experience elsewhere may be considered toward qualifying as a Machine Operator II or III.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move from 25 to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job for purposes of machine operation and product inspection include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are typical of those an employee might encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- The shop contains mobile equipment, machinery, and high voltages.
- The shop noise level is variable and may require hearing protection in some areas.
- The shop is heated when required but many areas are not air conditioned.
As we continue to grow and provide leading edge products to our customers, we understand hiring the right people and treating them well is critical to our success. There are many exciting reasons to join the SP Team.
- We provide a wide range of innovative and high-quality scientific products that improve people’s lives
- We are customer-focused and value our team’s expertise.
- We respect each other and foster a collaboration work environment.
- We innovate and are open to change.
- We are responsible and accountable and act with integrity.
- WE LIKE WHAT WE DO!
SP will provide assistance to read an application to the visually impaired if necessary.
EEO and Affirmative Action Statement:
SP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis and takes affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities. It is our policy to provide our employees and applicants with equal employment opportunities in accordance with applicable laws and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, political belief, pregnancy, citizenship, handicap or disability, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SP's Affirmative Action Plan is available through the HR Department and may be accessed during normal business hours.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
SP will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information
SP Industries, Inc.
AddressPocomoke City, MD
ManufacturingView all jobs at SP Industries, Inc.
Get fresh Field Operator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.