HR Business Partner
SP Industries, Inc. Pocomoke City, MD
- Posted: 29 days ago
SP Industries has an exciting opportunity for a HR Business Partner to join the team!
Overall responsibility is leading an HR function with client group and acts as primary HR partner for our Pocomoke City, Maryland location.
Key focus for role, in partnership with plant leadership maintains and enhances the organization's human resources function by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices. Provides effective leadership, consultation, and resolution for employees, managers and HR team and assists in leading key HR projects. Most importantly, this role must create a culture that embraces change and focuses on improvements that further enhance the employee and leadership experience within the HR function ultimately driving the Company strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with leadership to assess business goals and objectives and creates an execution plan to achieve plant or functional area goals and objectives.
- Lead succession planning efforts and related development across the organization (BP- for client group)
- Understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains an active partnership with Talent Acquisition Manager; counseling managers on candidate selection; participating in interviews as needed.
- Manages employee relations strategies to avoid potential issues and minimize the risk of incidents and improve the employee experience.
- Conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes and follow up coaching to managers, etc. per data received.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs and coaches managers on onboarding plans.
- Leads engagement initiatives by site along with HR Generalists and Site Leadership Teams.
- Maintains a pay plan by scheduling and conducting job evaluations; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system, keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Metrics management, interpretation, and action plans
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Leader on the site leadership team
- Responsible for creating a high morale workplace with the highest ethical standards and leading by example.
- Demonstrated track record of leading, developing and inspiriting a team in a rapidly changing environment.
- Be comfortable rolling up your sleeves in a high-volume environment.
- Assertive, confident, and independent leader who can drive results
- High level of business acumen, be able to understand key business priorities and translate them into high impact work
- Bias for action and desire to achieve excellence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive and lead through change while coaching others
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Understanding of team dynamics and ability to influence outcomes
- Highly effective coaching and consulting skills with a proven track record in quickly gaining credibility and partnering collaboratively with business leaders
- Our business is fast-paced and ever-evolving- the right individual should be change agile
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time to corporate or sites within client group if needed
- Flexible work arrangements are available for this role.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors’ Degree in HR, Business or Psychology
- 5 experience in HR Generalist capacity
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- HR certification strongly preferred- PHR or SHRM-CP
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
As we continue to grow and provide leading edge products to our customers, we understand hiring the right people and treating them well is critical to our success. There are many exciting reasons to join the SP Team.
- We provide a wide range of innovative and high-quality scientific products that improve people’s lives
- We are customer-focused and value our team’s expertise.
- We respect each other and foster a collaboration work environment.
- We innovate and are open to change.
- We are responsible and accountable and act with integrity.
- WE LIKE WHAT WE DO!
SP INDUSTRIES OFFERS:
We are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits program focused on your total well-being.
- Competitive compensation package
- A robust health and welfare benefits package that includes: Life, Health, Dental, Vision
- The opportunity to plan for the future with a strong 401(K) including company match!
- Time to recharge with Paid Time Off annually + Paid Holidays
- Career Advancement opportunities and Tuition Assistance to help you achieve your goals and continue your career growth.
SP Industries, Inc.
AddressPocomoke City, MD
BusinessView all jobs at SP Industries, Inc.