1052-Nonwoven Production Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
The Production Manager will oversee all manufacturing operations of the facility to optimize resources in the production of nonwoven fiber goods for the supply chain and materials department. Ensure the team members, production processes, equipment, and other areas are sufficient to produce a quality product on time for customers. This position is also responsible for balancing quality, productivity, cost, safety, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas of production and working to always continuously improve.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned
• Manage, implement, and develop policies in Safety Health, and Environmental.
• Oversee the workforce of production supervisors and their teams in all aspects of manufacturing.
• Champion the reduction of waste and scrap by minimizing material variances and waste in production and optimizing the use of fiber.
• Drive continuous improvement activities to improve OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) on fiber and non-fiber lines, in the areas of efficiency, quality, and uptime; drive to zero downtime.
• Ensure the direct labor staffing level is sufficient to meet material requirements to include customer shipments, engineering trial runs, inventory safety stocks, and other areas within budget constraints.
• Ensure direct labor staffing skillsets are sufficient for producing products. Drive training for all new and current employees and maintain sufficient cross-training to support business needs.
• Assure all documented activities for the direct labor workforce are completed correctly and maintain accurate and complete documentation of all designated preventative and autonomous maintenance activities.
• Accurate and timely reporting of production on daily shift reports in ERP system (Assists/Adage/SAP).
• Ensure compliance with all ISO9001 support processes.
• Work with the Maintenance group to reduce downtime along with maintenance and repair costs.
• Assure all Product and Process specifications are fully supported at all times. Monitor raw material usage and assure reporting of yields, scrap categories, and causes are documented and reported.
• Provide leadership in continuous improvement activities: 6S, TPM, and Six Sigma Principles.
• Drive operational improvements in efficiency, capital, manpower, etc. needed to achieve designated KPIs.
Experience, and Familiarity of:
• Self-Development – Demonstrates functionality/technical mastery of the current job.
- Encourages thinking outside the box.
• Customer Focus – Dedicated to meeting the expectations of internal & external customers.
• Building Collaborative Relationships – Works effectively with people that have different views.
• Building Effective Teams – Creates strong morale & spirit in the team, can shares wins & successes.
• Manages and Measures Work – Sets clear objectives & assigns responsibilities to others.
• Results Orientated – Steadfastly pushes self & others for results.
• Communicative – Practices attentive and active listening.
• Self-Awareness – Knows personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and limits.
• Ethics and Values – Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs
• Compassion – Genuinely cares about other people and is available and ready to help.
• Motivating Others – Empowers others by creating a climate in which people want to do their best.
• Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
• Directing Others – Establishes clear directions & can bring out the best in people.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or a minimum of 7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 5+ years of progressive experience in a key leadership/management role at a manufacturing facility
• Previous experience/strong understanding of budgeting/expense management with a basic understanding of financial and accounting practices.
• Previous experience/broad understanding of safety systems and enforcement of safety rules and policies.
• Demonstrated strong leadership, team building, and advanced coaching skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of the principles and applications associated with manufacturing operations, maintenance, and engineering.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to balance production and maintenance needs.
• Ability to work with teams and lead decision-making processes in a fast-paced, team environment.
• Excellent interpersonal communication and listening ability.
• Ability to read and interpret information furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal, teambuilding, and leadership skills.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and documents.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to supervisors and other employees of the organization.
• Strong computer skills including the ability to prepare spreadsheets and use Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and/or Access) to analyze data and trends.
• Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of variables and implement solutions to correct them.
• Ability to work in hot/cold manufacturing environment, which can include standing, walking, and/or sitting for the duration of a task(s).
• Ability to transport or move up to 30 pounds regularly, 50 pounds occasionally, and infrequently 75+ pounds with assistance.
• Bending at the waist, sitting, kneeling, climbing, walking, etc., as the job may require.
• Ability to work overtime as needed.
Salary will be based on experience - benefits will be discussed during interview process
AddressFort Wayne, IN
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?