SOUTHWEST ELECTRIC LLC Las Vegas, NV
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
TEMPORARY JOB ASSIGNMENT
Southwest Electric, LLC is looking for an experienced Journeyman level Electrician (preferably with a Clark County, NV - Journeyman Card & OSHA 10 or 30 Card) to undertake a variety of tasks relating to setting up and maintaining electrical infrastructure. The tasks performed will involve installing electrical wiring in buildings, houses, hospitals, utility buildings and outdoor lighting poles. Troubleshooting and repairing electrical panels, circuits, and electrical apparatus is a must.
Due to the high amount of risk pertaining to this job, electricians must be first and foremost responsible individuals with great attention to safety precautions. The ideal candidate must also be experienced in different kinds of electrical devices and systems - including single phase & three phase with nominal voltages of 14,000 volts to ground.
The goal will be to produce and maintain well-functioning electrical connections to minimize the probability of accidents and maximize usability of electricity in all facilities.
Responsibilities of the successful candidate will include:
- Execute plans of electrical wiring for light, heat, and power.
- Intercom, Low Voltage, CAT 5 & CAT 6 systems and other structurally wired Low Voltage electrical systems.
- Install electrical apparatus, fixtures and equipment for alarm and other systems
- Install safety disconnects, over current protective devices and distribution components (e.g. switches, resistors, circuit-breaker panels etc.)
- Connect wiring in electrical circuits and networks ensuring compatibility of components
- Prepare and assemble conduits and connect wiring through them
- Prevent breakdown of systems by routinely inspecting and replacing old wiring and insulated cables, cleaning circuits etc.
- Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged units
MINIMUM Requirements are:
5 to 10 years at the Journeyman level
Clark County Journeyman Card is a BIG plus
Service Truck Experience is preferred
Experience in Residential, industrial and/or commercial electrical systems
Conduit bending experience is a MUST
Romex & MC Cable Installation Experience
Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, amprobe, voltmeter etc.) and electrical drawings and blueprints
Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulations and guidelines
Proficient with the N.E.C.
Familiar with the Clark County, Nevada Building Amendments
Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability
Excellent physical condition and flexibility to work long shifts
Ability to work weekends and overtime is a BIG PLUS
Strong communications skills
Ability to work with little to no supervision will be required
MUST BE ABLE TO engage customers, owners, General Contractors, and other sub-contractors in effective and clear communications.
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK towards COMPLETE customer satisfaction
Self-Starter and motivated individuals will be given higher considerations
Must be able to run work and take the initiative to supervise others when asked to do so
Must be willing to travel and work at multiple job locations at any given a time
Diploma in relevant vocational training or successfully completed apprenticeship as an electrician
References will be required
Clean Driver's license is a must
Drug Testing and Background checks will be conducted
Pay rate depends on level of experience. The successful candidate will be willing to work any shift and preferably possess a Clark County Journeyman Electrician Card.
MUST HAVE OWN TOOLS & OWN RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION AND BE WILLING TO START IMMEDIATELY
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.00 to $38.00 /hour
SOUTHWEST ELECTRIC LLC
AddressLas Vegas, NV
ConstructionView all jobs at SOUTHWEST ELECTRIC LLC