Outcomes Based Program Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Southern Education Foundation (SEF), located in Atlanta, GA seeks outstanding candidates to fill a Program Manager position to oversee and execute a multi-district pilot of math tutoring projects that uses outcomes-based contracts as the basis of the contracting arrangement between math tutoring providers and participating school districts. The Program Manager will be responsible for executing all elements of the project, including managing relationships with districts, collecting relevant data, ensuring a series of tools and communications resources are developed and disseminated, and reporting to funders. The Program Manager will have a keen understanding of K-12 district environments alongside an entrepreneurial and can-do flair for getting things done. They will work collaboratively with the Program Director to promote and support an organizational culture that pursues improving student outcomes with evidence and passion.
The Program Manager will oversee all day-to-day operations of the Outcomes Based Contracting (OBC) program, ensuring the project meets all deliverables, is on-time, and within budget. They will support participating districts to problem-solve on the ground and glean information across districts both to share lessons learned and to identify ways to strengthen the program over time. They will seek ways to bolster capacity for and understanding of outcomes-based contracting in K-12 broadly. They will work collaboratively across the organization with program staff and various other staff at all levels, as well as directly with partner districts and math tutoring providers.
This position reports to the OBC Program Director.
Candidates interested in this position should have working knowledge of and passionate commitment to improving educational opportunity, particularly for K-12 students experiencing poverty. The right candidate is committed to the belief that education is the vehicle by which all students get fair chances to develop their talents and contribute to the common good.
For more than 150 years, SEF has made outsized contributions to improving education at all levels, from pre-kindergarten through higher education. SEF works to improve equity, excellence, and opportunity in education nationally. Research, policy analysis, advocacy, and programs are the primary means through which SEF pursues its mission.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop project management structure, ensuring visibility to team members to status and progress of project elements
- Track progress against outcomes and goals of program, helping to ensure we have time, capacity, and adequate planning time to ensure we are able to achieve program goals on time and within budget
- Schedule all virtual and in-person events
- Manage communications for OBC, including the web-based hub of resources, updates, and other information about OBC
- Represent the OBC program in other networks of education advocates (Chiefs for Change, tutoring networks, research networks, etc.)
- Manage reporting to funders; drafting updates in collaboration with OBC program leadership
- Coordinate and oversee vendors for this program, including technical assistance providers and communications consultants
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, cultivating trusting relationships with district partners, tutoring providers and maintaining close contact with funders. The Program Manager will help shape a collaborative approach to problem solving between districts and providers. This takes a deft hand; creative approaches; and a respectful, risk-taking posture.
- This program will have lots of moving parts. The Program Manager needs to have a vision for how complex projects come together, comfort in managing complex projects, and flexibility when things do not go as planned.
- Keen ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Extremely strong skills in Google Docs and/or Word; Google slides and/or PowerPoint; Google sheets and/or Excel
- Ideally, this Program Manager identifies opportunities for expansion (to more districts) and for showcasing the work (i.e. representing the program in conferences, helping people write about it, identifying opportunities for education media to write about it).
- Working knowledge of K-12 school systems, including how districts make decisions about programs and the kind of data collected to understand program success. It would be a plus for this Program Manager to have reasonably good knowledge about district purchasing processes.
- Depth or willingness to quickly develop depth in outcomes-based contracting and pay-for-success work (primarily in the public sector)
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, a Master’s degree is preferred
Compensation is $80,000-$95,000 with a competitive benefits package.
This is a grant-funded position with funding in place for one year. Extending the position will depend on additional fundraising.
This is an Atlanta based position, currently SEF is working remotely with limited office attendance. If the right candidate is not located in Atlanta SEF will consider candidates outside of Atlanta.
Interested candidates should submit: 1) a letter of interest; 2) a current resume; 3) names and contact information of three references to (email@example.com) with Program Manager in the subject line of the email.
Applications will be accepted until 1/15/2023.
SOUTHERN EDUCATION FOUNDATION
Get fresh Southern Region jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.