For thirty years, SOTA Imaging has specialized in developing new and emerging technologies in the medical and dental industries. A short list of products include: dental imaging software, imaging devices, and optical components. Through exceptional product design, full-cycle development, and precise engineering and manufacturing, SOTA Imaging has established a reputation for creating premium products in Orange County, California. We are in need of a passionate individual to learn and grow with us as a Software Development Intern. This is a paid internship where the role of the Software Development Intern will be to undertake a problem, with the guidance of the Software Engineer, and be responsible for developing a plan to execute a solution.
The SOTA Imaging Software Development Internship will be a full-time internship with the possibility of conversion to a permanent position at the conclusion of the internship. The start of the internship will be flexible depending on the candidate’s availability.
Job Overview & Responsibilities:
Interns will be provided a problem to solve. They will be responsible for preparing a proposal for how to solve the problem and will receive guidance and support from the Engineering Manager on how to improve their proposal and bring their proposed solution to completion. They will then be responsible for putting that plan into motion and will have daily feedback from the Engineering Manager on their progress and the quality of their work. The end result of the internship is that they will have experienced the full development cycle of a software tool we will use internally from project conception to completion.
- Some experience with MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL
- Some experience with ASP.NET or ASP.NET Core and C#
- Some experience with Angular or other single page application frameworks
- Basic understanding of OOP concepts and best practices
- Basic understanding of standard software architecture patterns
- Experience using Visual Studio
- Self-starter with a history of completing personal projects
- A junior or senior (preferred) actively working towards obtaining a degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- All applicants should send us links to personal projects on GitHub/Bitbucket and/or a personal software blog (School projects also work)
Preferred (in addition to requirements above):
- Experience with Vista DB and/or Azure SQL
- Experience with Standard C++
- Understanding of Scrum/Agile team workflows
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence