SOStrickland Search Associates- Consumer Package Goods Seattle, WA
- Expired: 17 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for a District Manager who will lead and develop a team of customer development professionals passionate about achieving the business objectives within veterinary clinics, hospitals and specialty pet retail stores in assigned geographies. You will be accountable for the development of your team and to grow overall consumption, district market share, achieve volume and dollar sales plan (LE) driving BRMO (Brand Recommended Most Often), expense plan (NVO), improve retail fundamentals through building customer relationships, sales and promotion execution, merchandising support, and overall delivery of our company's services and products.
*** relocation assistance is provided
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define objectives and priorities for your direct reports in alignment with regional/local priorities and communicate regularly to ensure clear expectations. Establish and supervise individual performance against sales objectives and Key Performance Indicators for the team on a weekly basis.
- Develop coverage plans for the assigned areas: Customer classification, coverage, penetration, frequency and efficient routes. Set call efficiency goals by territory, communicate expectations to direct reports, review actual versus targets at least monthly and align action plan with each.
- Develop area business plans and support team to develop Customer actions to achieve territory / district objectives.
- Partner with external customer operations managers and respective colleagues to build relationships, align on key important metrics, and develop/implement specific activities.
- Demonstrate expertise in selling/negotiating and leading sophisticated customer situations.
- Lead district Gross to Net (GTN) budget to execute RE/brand strategy through prioritization of customers to achieve targets, optimally balancing the needs of customers and the company’s overall commercial objectives. Ensure a return on investment mentality throughout the field team.
- Ensure Distribution policy implementation and compliance to commercial selling principles.
- Understand customers’ strategies, priorities and needs that impact in-store/ clinic execution and take them into consideration when building commercial plans
- Ensure direct reports prepare business plans by clinic, present and cooperate with clinic / store decision makers and review business performance at least quarterly. Stay ahead of trends in the pet/vet trade, industry, represent our company's as the strategic choice and participate in local trade conferences
- Consistently deliver the fundamentals of customer engagement requirements and use business analytics to drive fact-based conversations and improve credibility.
- Collaborate closely with business partners including but not limited to warehousing, customer fulfillment, the customer service center, custom development colleagues, etc. Elevate issues / opportunities when barriers challenge achieving business results.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Minimum of 8 years prior sales experience.
- Minimum of 3 years key account management experience.
- Proven Leadership/ Team project management experience
- Proficient digital literacy in Microsoft office required
- Ability to travel, including up to 30% overnight stays
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds
- 5 or more years of people management experience, managing field sales professionals
- Experience in animal health or science related field
- Ability to relocate within 1 to 3 years for career advancement
- Ability to lead and encourage a team of customer development professionals
- Excellent communication, relationship building, and presentation skills, highly driven, tenacious, and self-motivated
- Strong analytical skills and basic understanding of business and business terminology
- Excellent time management, planning skills and managing budgets
SOStrickland Search Associates- Consumer Package GoodsWhy Work Here?
Solid company with a very strong leadership team in place!
Solid company, and strong leadership team members
RetailView all jobs at SOStrickland Search Associates- Consumer Package Goods