SOS Security seeking full-time Security Officers in Austin TX!
We are looking for observant, experienced security officers to maintain a safe environment. In this position, you will patrol, stand guard, and monitor the area, taking immediate action if problematic situations arise. You must always be keenly aware of your surroundings and attuned to any suspicious or unlawful behavior, thus enabling accurate and informed reporting! these are the core attributes of a successful security professional. SOS offers cutting edge industry training to develop and enhance the careers of our field team! Some additional benefits are Medical, Vision, Dental, and PTO after one year of service! For immediate consideration please apply today!
Shifts: Monday - Friday 10pm - 6am
Pay-rate: $13.00 hr.
- Patrol industrial and commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours.
Education, License, and Certification Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Texas Guard Card Required
- Non Commissioned Guard Card
- Should be at least 18 years of age or older as required by applicable law
- Required to be authorized to work in the United States
- A valid driver’s license with clean driving history required, (only for jobs with car)
Must be authorized to work in the United States
Must be able to pass Drug Screening
Must be able to pass Background Check
With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group.
SOS Security is Headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, with regional and branch offices throughout the United States; SOS Security has become the benchmark for quality and professionalism in the field of security since our founding in 1969. We offer a broad range of services, including: Armed and Unarmed Security; Management & Consulting; Investigations; and Executive Protection.
Secure your future today by joining the SOS Security team Experienced security professionals looking to apply their knowledge in a rewarding team environment truly find a home at SOS. You will become an integral part of the relationship between our firm and our clients.