Special Education Teacher
- Posted: January 12, 2023
- $46,350 to $61,420 Yearly
SOS Personnel is URGENTLY seeking to hire a caring and energetic SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER (mild to moderate).
This is a full time position. You will report to the Principal, and will work with one or more school sites, and will be responsible for managing the IEP caseload for students who require special education services as outlined in their IEPs. The role of the special education teacher is to improve student outcomes through targeted academic and behavioral support.
- Bachelor's degree
- Valid Special Education Teaching Credential or ability to enroll in an accredited teacher preparation program to work towards a credential while teaching
- Preferred: knowledge of curriculum, education code and special education law/policies
- Ensure that all students realize rigorous academic goals outlined in their IEP along with our core content.
- Collaborate with school team, families, and related service providers for the purpose of improving the quality of student outcomes, developing solutions and planning curriculum.
- Provide one-to-one or small group instruction, direct services and push in or pull out instruction as required by IEP
- Co-teach with general educators and related service providers to ensure inclusive education practices for all students
- Coordinate referral and assessment procedures and facilitate the coordination of IEP team meetings and the implementation of special education services (Speech, Occupational therapy, etc.)
- Evaluate students' academic abilities for the purpose of collaboration with team members to create and implement the best educational program like the diagnosis of learning disabilities, development of intervention plans for foundational needs and/or student progress
- Collaborate with Psychologists and Related Service Providers for evaluations and when needed, administer academic assessments. Review and interpret the results to determine our learners' strengths and areas of need for initial, annual and triennial IEP meetings.
- In collaboration with general educators, provide accommodations and/or modifications to learners with disabilities to provide access to grade level content and demonstrate her or his true understanding on assessments as determined by the IEP team
Student and Parent Partnership:
- Instruct students for the purpose of improving their success in assigned basic academic subject areas of reading, writing and/or math
- Draft and write professional and compliant IEPs, facilitate IEP meetings and ensure our online IEP system and school based files are compliant
- Develop Behavior Support Plans (BSPs) or Behavior Intervention Plans (BIPs) as needed
- Manage student behavior for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment
- Engage with families on academic and behavioral goals and transparently share student progress so that both parents and teachers own each child's successes and challenges.
We Want You! Don't Delay, Apply Today!
Compensation: $46,350.00 - $61,420.00 per year
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SOS Personnel is the leading provider of substitute teachers and tutors to charter and private schools NATIONWIDE. Our mission is to build confidence and love of learning, while giving students a solid foundation for a healthy and happy life, in the absence of their regular teacher.
Regardless of whether you are a substitute teacher by choice, or whether you are substitute teaching until you can obtain a full-time classroom position, you are very important to SOS Personnel and to the schools and students that you will come in contact with.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?