Deputy Project Manager (OCONUS)
** This position is contingent upon a contract award**
SOSi is seeking an in-Country Deputy Project Manager to support a large Base Operations Support (BOS) program providing logistics and life support services to our U.S. government customer in Iraq. The ideal candidate will have management experience on other large BOS and life support programs in contingency environments.
The Deputy Project Manager serves as the deputy senior in-country manager supporting the task order and reports to the Project Manager. The Deputy Project Manager shall act in the same capacity as the Project Manager during any absence of the Project Manager and has authority to commit the Contractor's labor force and the use of resources to meet the overall requirements of the Task Order. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.Responsibilities
- Support and serve as deputy to the Project Manager.
- Perform duties of Project Manager during Project Manager's absence.
- Monitor quality and timeliness of services delivery to the program sites.
- Direct oversight of the Planning and Work Control Center.
- Provides program-level guidance to site management personnel.
- Manage the Risk Mitigation Program.
- Maintain a safe workplace and ensure safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Manage, monitor, and track services.
- Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs.
- Identify problem areas and respond to mission requirements to perform task order requirements.
- Plan and manage projects.
- Control resources; monitor staff proficiency and qualifications; monitor the locations and activities of assets; and coordinate the flow of information to and from staff and USG representatives.
- Resolve issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Already possess a U.S. Government (USG) issued Secret security clearance or be able obtain a favorable USG Secret clearance prior to being hired is required for the position. Must maintain eligibility at the required clearance level for the duration of the task order.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, Construction, Facilities, Contracts or related field.
- Ten (10) years Logistics and/or O&M support services management experience with a minimum of three (3) years' experience in providing such services to large operations.
- Satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of task order activities for a comparable operation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
- Valid driver's license from home of record.
- Relevant overseas facilities management experience.
- Previous international experience and previous work experience in harsh environmental conditions.
- Experience working with Contractor.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
- Indoor and outdoor environments. Contingency operations environment, in a harsh climate, and often hazardous situations. While performing the duties of this contract, may regularly be exposed to an extreme and austere desert environment. Temperatures can reach 120 - 130 degrees Fahrenheit/50 - 55 degrees Celsius during the summer months.
- Must be willing and able to perform job requirements in this environment, as well as deploying to Iraq for extended periods.
- Requires periods of non-traditional working hours including consecutive nights or weekends when necessary.
- May be performing physical activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving of items, climbing in and out of equipment, crawling, and working outdoors.
- Must be able to move quickly to cover during security alarms. This includes being able to lift, carry and/or wear forty (40) pounds of personal protective equipment (PPE) for extended periods of time and being capable of running during emergencies without putting oneself or others at risk.
- Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment. Work could include assignments, or, visits to multiple sites - either temporarily, or, long term - in remote, or, austere locations.
SOSi is an equal employment opportunity employer and affirmative action employer. All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Employment Type: FULL_TIME
SOS International LLCReston, VA
GovernmentView All SOS International LLC Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.