Would you like to join the development team of a key product within our game changing computational platform used to deliver genomic, radiomic, and clinical data analysis to over 1000 healthcare institutions and over 500,000 cancer and rare genetic disease patients worldwide? Join our growing distributed team and use your exceptional technical skills to help us deliver on our mission of democratizing Data-Driven Medicine.
In order to augment our technical team we are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to join our team in the US as a remote employee, with occasional face-to-face meetings, as required.
As a Senior Web Development Engineer, you will join our web development team and will contribute to the design and development efforts of several innovative web interfaces for SOPHiA DDM, our flagship software product, used to perform large-scale multi-modal analysis of patient data and deliver data-driven insights to hundreds of thousands of patients worldwide.
Our platform is a one-of-a-kindgloballydistributed information system that brings together hospitals and labs to provide data ingestion and processing, analysis and modeling, reporting and intelligence, distribution and sharingof a multitude ofcomplexsourcesof structured and unstructured data, including genomics, imaging, and clinical data, delivered asamulti-tenantSaaSplatformon the cloud.
As a senior member of the team you will be asked to tackle some of the hardest technical UI challenges with cutting-edge web technologies. You will help us figure out new and innovative ways to visualize genomic, imaging and clinical data in a way that addresses the needs of our demanding user base. You will implement streamlined and intuitive UI flows to facilitate efficient navigation and decision making. You will make use of a rich API of backend services and will design efficient and reliable client-side data stores to drive the UI. You will work closely with our graphic design and UX team to ensure that the interfaces you create are coherent with the rest of our product line and follow relevant best-practices.
Some travel between various SOPHiA offices and customer sites will be required (up to 10%).
- University degree in Computer Science, or a similar field, or equivalent professional experience
- 5 years experience in web development utilizing modern client-side frameworks such as ReactJS, Angular, Vue, etc.
- Experience with GraphQL and server-side technologies an asset.
- Knowledge of HCI and User Centered Design
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices (Agile, Continuous Value Delivery, CI/CD, DevOps, NoOps, PaaS, IaaS, LEAN software, Service Oriented Architecture, cloud computing)
- A flexible, friendly and international working environment with a collaborative atmosphere
- An exciting company mission that brings together science and technology to directly impact the lives of patients with life threatening illness.
- A fast-growing company with plenty of opportunity for personal growth and development
- A hard technical challenge to solve with exciting modern technology - cloud computing, Big Data, DevOps, machine learning
Location: HOME OFFICE (Massachusetts and the surrounding states, 2-3h from Boston)
Start: ASAP (or as agreed)
Contract type: permanent full-time
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews. Selected candidates will then be invited for personal interviews.