Would you like to join a dynamic and exciting Software Engineering and Technical Operations organization that uses cutting edge technologies to deliver a world changing product that has a direct impact on the lives of cancer and rare disease patients worldwide? Join our growing team and use your exceptional technical and leadership skills to help us deliver on our mission of democratizing Data-Driven Medicine. Our products are used by thousands of healthcare institutions globally and provide world leading capabilities for the analysis of genomic, clinical, and imaging data.
In order to augment our Data Services team we are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer (Senior Data Services Engineer) in Massachusetts, US.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer (Senior Data Services Engineer) you will report to a team lead in Data Services, and work together with a team of Engineers on developing large-scale data services and data warehouses powering our platform in the digital healthcare sector.
Our platform is a one-of-a-kind globally distributed information system that brings together hospitals and labs to provide data ingestion and processing, analysis and modeling, reporting and intelligence, distribution and sharing of a multitude of complex sources of structured and unstructured data, including genomics, imaging, and clinical data, delivered as a multi-tenant SaaS platform on the cloud.
You will be performing end-to-end delivery of data services, data warehouses, and other projects, aided by your team lead and your team members as part of our Software Development Lifecycle. This will include design, implementation, testing, documentation, deployment, maintenance, and support of the services and other projects owned by your team. You will be responsible for the design and technology decisions for several high-performance distributed services, their interaction and components. You will orchestrate the design of services between multiple teams using patterns and best practices. You will actively drive and coordinate the development of the technology roadmap with senior technical and architecture staff. You will drive and oversee the evaluation of new technologies and design and implement POCs for future services. You will actively drive and participate in code and design reviews with other members of the team. You will participate in project estimation and risk-assessment, and exchange with stakeholders in Product and Project Management as well as other departments on technical matters.
You will actively help your team lead with team organization, participate in recurring team activities and help organize them. You will promote and share best practices inside and beyond your team. You will be involved in recruiting and talent review processes.
Some travels to SOPHiA offices in Boston will be required (up to 10%).
You have strong experience in developing reliable and performant data services and the underlying storage layers. You are excited by applying your prior experience to designing and implementing the delivery of large amounts of data from and to cloud applications and data warehouses. You have a basic understanding of the domain of genomics and digital healthcare and want to make an impact in this field. You know and promote modern software engineering processes, have excellent knowledge of tools, technologies, and best practices. You seek to help share your knowledge throughout the team and beyond, and exchange regularly on technical matters with stakeholders through all layers of the company.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent professional experience,
- 5 years experience in the software engineering field,
- Proven experience in designing and implementing Service-Oriented Architectures, Microservices, and APIs,
- Experience with distributed Data Warehouses ,
- Expert knowledge in Java (Spring, Hibernate) and/or Python,
- Knowledge of Big data platforms (Spark...), stream processing and functional programming,
- Excellent knowledge of modern scalable database technologies and SQL,
- Demonstrated ability to work on large datasets and scaling problems, performance tuning,
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (Agile, Continuous Value Delivery, CI/CD, DevOps, NoOps, PaaS, IaaS, LEAN software, Service Oriented Architecture, Cloud architecture),
- Excellent knowledge of cloud architecture, IoT, microservices, SaaS,
- Good knowledge of GraphQL,
- Interest in Graph-oriented technologies, semantic technologies,
- Experience in digital healthcare or genomics is a plus,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Excellent level of English.
- A competitive compensation package
- A flexible and friendly working environment with a collaborative atmosphere
- Fantastic office locations in Switzerland, France, and USA
- An exciting company mission that brings together science and technology to directly impact the lives of patients with life threatening illness.
- A fast-growing company with plenty of opportunity for personal growth and development
- A hard technical challenge to solve with exciting modern technology - cloud computing, Big Data, DevOps, machine learning
Start: ASAP (or as agreed),
Contract type: Permanent full-time.
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews. Selected candidates will then be invited for personal interviews.