IT System Administrator
- Posted: 2 days ago
- $67,000 to $72,000 Yearly
Service and support of all network, storage, compute, route, switch, and telephony services for Sonoran University. Responsible for the design, implementation, and execution of all monitoring, service delivery, patching, and maintenance of all on premise data center and server closet equipment. Provides comprehensive solutions for firewall, endpoint protection, disaster recovery, and business continuity plans. Administer Office 365 tenant and cloud applications. Manage vendor relationships with updates, migrations, new installations, etc., and coordinate planning with the IT Manager.Supervises:
None; serve as the escalation point for IT techniciansDuties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, installs and configures enterprise-wide virtualized systems and related infrastructure requirements to support those systems.
- Develops policies, procedures and standards related to the monitoring and maintenance of systems, including security for server protection.
- Coordinates changes to server applications, including upgrades, patches and fixes with vendors and the IT Manager.
- Installs, maintains and configures servers, and peripherals (e.g. printers, scanners, or related equipment)
- Ensures network services are monitored for activity to ensure high levels of availability.
- Troubleshoots hardware, software and network connectivity problems.
- Designs and maintains the Active Directory structure on premise and in Azure AD.
- Insures virus protection, malware prevention, and other potential risks to services are mitigated.
- Monitors and responds to system event and other logs on a scheduled basis.
- Monitors volume and backup space allocations on a scheduled basis.
- Plans, coordinates and verifies system backups and preforms regular test restores to ensure systems are functioning properly.
- Interacts with the IT Manager to ensure deployments of applications are properly licensed and compliant.
- Performs adds, moves and changes in the phone system.
- Assistance with helpdesk support and escalation calls.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, System Administration or a related degree, or equivalent education and work experience.
Any combination of education, training, relevant industry certifications and experience that provides the required qualifications for the position will be considered.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Cisco routing and switching, network interfaces devices and cabling, Vlans, and switches.
- Enterprise wireless access points and management systems like Meraki.
- Physical, data, and network security industry best practices.
- Virtual servers (VMWare), cloud storage and applications, SANs, Network configurations and systems.
- Voice and data telecommunications, VOIP, mobile devices.
- Office 365 administration and Azure Cloud Migration experience.
- Visio drawing and process documentation.
- General Knowledge of ITSM.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Interface with a diverse population of staff, faculty and students customers.
- Interpret documentation and manuals.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Carry up to 50 lbs., and be able to move and install network equipment.
- Build/manage/monitor windows servers and an Active Directory environment
About Sonoran University:
Sonoran University of Health Sciences (formerly SCNM) is a non-profit, higher education institution. As an internationally recognized institution of natural health sciences, our evidence-based programs help train the next generation of healthcare providers. Centered on blending academics, research and patient care, students graduate with significant, research and clinical experience that positions them for successful careers as naturopathic doctors or nutrition specialists. Sonoran University’s Sage Foundation for Health contributes to the missions and operations of nine off-site clinics focused on providing naturopathic medical care to local uninsured and underserved communities. The Ric Scalzo Institute for Botanical Research is a state-of-the-art molecular biology/phytochemistry laboratory that seeks to improve therapies for global health concerns by exploring traditional medicine at the cellular, molecular and cultural level to create novel botanical solutions that support people, plants and planet.
The University campus is home to two open-to-the-public clinics. The Medical Center provides naturopathic healthcare for a wide range of patients including but not limited to; family medicine, nutrition and digestive health, mental health and well-being, dermatologic conditions, endocrine and auto-immune concerns, and acute symptoms. The Neil Riordan Center for Regenerative Medicine focuses on non-opioid solutions to pain and pain management. Treatments range from cupping and acupuncture to regenerative injection therapies. The Medicinary is the largest natural medicinary in Arizona offering an expansive collection of the highest quality, professional grade supplements, herbs, and health products. Every purchase made at the Medicinary helps support the Sage Foundation for Health and its mission to provide free healthcare to those in need.
All candidates offered a position at Sonoran University undergo a background and drug screen prior to hire. All employees must show documentation of vaccinations or provide titer results for measles prior to first day of work (unless religious or medical exemption is on file). Employment is contingent upon satisfactory outcome of all screens required of this position.
Sonoran University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Sonoran University is a smoke free campus.
A COVID-19 vaccination (or qualifying exemption) is required.
Sonoran University of Health Sciences
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?