Senior Lead Fullstack Software Engineer
- Posted: 14 days ago
US Based Applicants Only
Since 2017, SOMA Global has been a leading provider of critical-response software solutions for public safety. We are a team of multi-faceted industry experts, public safety veterans, and mission-driven developers who are focused on enabling SOMA’s agency partners to focus on what matters most, fulfilling their mission in the communities they serve.
At SOMA, we are radically passionate about embracing new ideas. We consistently challenge ourselves to create great work, even if that means breaking the mold. We lead with integrity and excellence; advocating for ourselves, one another, and our partners. We say what we do, do what we say, and always follow through. Involving and empowering one another is the SOMA way.
Our people and partners come first. Come join us!
Why is a Software Engineer important to us at SOMA?
A Software Engineer is the core of the Platform Team and is responsible for designing and building both the UI and APIs to serve our web applications and mobile products as well as other internal systems. Engineers on the Platform Team must work cross-functionally and touch nearly every part of the codebase to ensure the platform is scalable, robust, and easy-to-use.
We're a new team, and we're bringing the company out of its comfort zone to fundamentally change the public safety industry. There are still many unanswered questions, and we're looking for talented engineers to solve these challenges with us.
What are examples of work that Software Engineers have done at SOMA?
- We built the first, truly cloud-based public safety application suite that can be seamlessly deployed in any public or private cloud changing how agencies, law enforcement and first responders service communities.
- We architected a scalable open platform for data exchange to facilitate sharing of critical criminal data allowing law enforcement to solve crime faster, anticipate crime with data analysis and save lives.
- We developed an extensible and completely configurable records management system to handle the nuances and differences between federal, state and local agencies for quick deployments and implementation of new data applications
RequirementsThe following experience is relevant to us:
- Strong React engineering experience
- Exposure to both class components and functional components
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Experience leading a team and mentoring juniors and mid-level engineers
- Experience with service oriented architecture with strong system fundamentals
- Exposure to architectural patterns of customer configurable platforms and large, high-scale web applications
- Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production quality backend systems
- Good understanding of distributed systems, data stores, data modeling, indexing and associated trade-offs
- Experience developing APIs and SDKs in Node, Python, or Golang
- Familiarity with all aspects of SPA web applications (specifically experience in Angular.js -> React migrations)
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team that touches many parts of the core systems at SOMA
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Long term incentive plan
- Apple equipment
- Company sponsored tech talks, wellness workshops, and happy hours
- Much more...
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?