SOLUTE is a recognized industry leader in providing Software Engineering, Systems Administration, Program Management, CyberSecurity / Information Assurance, Program Support, Innovation, Systems Integration Engineering and consulting services to the United States government and prime government contractors. Our experts bring a wealth of operational knowledge and technical excellence to numerous clients throughout the Department of Defense. SOLUTE, Inc. promotes a team oriented environment, which is instrumental to our success.
The System Administrator will
- Provide system administration of a cloud-based network and architecture spanning 6 -10 sites, 2 of which are outside the continental United States.
- Perform as a key member of the operations and maintenance team with ability to provide rapid response support.
- Perform performance monitoring and fault management, which includes networks, servers, applications and databases, collection of operational performance statistics, data analysis, identification of potential problems, and recommendation of engineering solutions for potential/existing problems.
- Resolve and implement local area network (LAN) configuration issues and equipment connections, analysis, isolation, and coordination of corrective action for communications-related problems, and configuration of communications equipment.
- Provide defensive actions necessary to prevent unauthorized access that could impact performance.
- Support managing bandwidth, circuit registration, circuit path re-engineering, and redundancy
- Provide analysis of technology change announcements, security alerts, and directives to determine total requirements, feasibility of execution, and level of effort required.
- Coordinate, monitor, respond, and detect network events in real time, utilizing a variety of Government and contractor identified tools and techniques.
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology or related field, or 4 years of equivalent work experience.
- Information Assurance Certification (CompTIA Security+ or equivalent)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCST) or equivalent
- Strong troubleshooting skills Hands-on experience with Windows Server configuration, support, and system administration including expertise with Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, File Server, WSUS, and SQL Server. Certifications preferable but not required.
- Experienced with Windows client operating systems, Microsoft Office Suites, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project.
- Experience with Cisco and Brocade network gear and knowledge of TCP/IP networking theory and implementation. In addition, experienced with NSA Type-1 encryption devices like TACLANEs or OMNIxi is a plus.
- 2 Years experience with virtual machines (VMware ESX); and/or Storage Area Networks (SANs); portal technologies (Microsoft SharePoint.); video teleconference (Cisco, Extron)
- 401(k) Match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Educational Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off & 10 Paid Holidays
SOLUTE is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic.