Find a new opportunity at Solutions for Information Design, LLC (SOLID)! Join our well-established, growing company as a Web Developer where you can develop, maintain, and code custom web applications and more. Our virtual workplace and team-based agile approach means you will have a big impact and a flexible work/life balance. We also offer generous vacation time, a 401(k) with a company match, and comprehensive health insurance benefits.
SOLID’s IT staff design and develop sophisticated web applications, websites, and databases serving large and diverse audiences.
Ideal candidates are creative, self-directed and passionate professionals who stay current on emerging technologies, have excellent programming and communication skills, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. The Web Application Developer must demonstrate effectiveness as a team player and possess strong attention to detail.
- Design and implement browser based user interfaces for current and future web sites
- Provide new features and functionality for existing sites
- Develop and integrate graphical components into the websites
- Manage and enhance the company’s website's content and functionality
- Locate and correct website bugs, and manage the broken link repair process
- Manage the user interface maintenance and provide functional enhancements of our custom analysis web application
- Collaborate with other member of the IT analyze specified methods and procedures, identify problems, and document specific requirements
- Support fellow employees in IT/technical matters as necessary
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of web development work experience
- Proficient in the latest languages to include:
- Experience with computer graphic and multimedia design software such as Adobe Creative Suite and the Microsoft Visual Web Developer.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team-member with all levels of staff
- Ability to multitask and self-manage deadlines of competing projects
- Experience with PDF development
- Experience with IT project management and working in Agile environments a plus
- Database development, modification and queries
- Dreamweaver, Visual Studio, ASP.NET MVC, C#, Razor, SQL/SQL Server. LINQ
- Microsoft Server 2012 and newer
- Amazon Web Services S3 and EC2 environments
- Working with the Department of Defense
- Google Analytics
- Jira, Bitbucket, experience working with repositories
- Security principles and how they apply to CAC-enabled environments and PII
- Federal Identity, Credential, and Access Management (FICAM) framework, CAC authentication, and working with PII and other controlled unclassified information
- SharePoint and Office 365 environments