Job Description: We are hiring an estimator project manager who can analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for products, projects, or services by performing the following duties.
- Will be responsible for the project administration of all current and/or future installations of Fire and/or Security, CCTV, Card Access & other specialty systems where needed. Administration of these projects shall be coordinated with the respective management team.
- Oversee the proper documentation is being executed between the contracts administrator and sales representative to effectively consummate the engineering requirements.
- Supervise the requirement for proper documentation of project site visits, telephone communications, request for information, letter of transmittals, permits and applications fees and final closeout requirements are being properly executed.
- Oversee the required safety programs are being implemented to prevent unnecessary injury to our employees and insure we are in compliance on given projects.
- Execute the manpower backlog reports on a monthly basis to assist with the proper manpower loading requirements to achieve customer satisfaction and increased gross profit margin opportunities.
- Will be responsible to implement required change orders on projects which will achieve significant gross profit.
- Participate in meetings with contracts administration, field supervision and engineering departments to review all on-going projects.
- Assist with the construction schedule requirements to properly complete installation and final certification testing within the requirements agreed upon by the company and the respective customer.
- Update project log as new projects are contracted. This log reflects estimated start dates, completion dates, total man hours, date of submittal/drawing approval, and type of system being installed.
- Provide in-house estimating and proposals as needed for existing customers and new projects.
- Must have industry, security/fire and project management experience.
- Ideal individual must be technically inclined, computer literate, good written and verbal communication skills, energetic, self motivated, dependable to work under little or no supervision and demonstrate job stability and eagerness to learn.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project (or similar), Word, and Excel.
- Individuals with past experience in construction field and or knowledgeable in the fire alarm/security industry are highly encouraged to apply.
- Troubleshooting skills, knowledge of Local and National. Fire alarm systems and inspections experience, and or certifications in: Regulation No. 4, EST3, NICET, PMP, State Certification are a plus!!
- Must be able to handle all of the general physical activity that comes from working in the constructions field i.e. lifting and carrying up to 50lbs to move equipment and tools with considerable bending, stooping, and kneeling.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressure.
- High school/Associates degree
- Valid driver license with acceptable driving record, will conduct background and drug test