Java Developer (Onsite after 2 months)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location: Omaha, NE onsite after 2 months
Duration: 6+ months
- Ensures adherence to established standards and capable to provide consultation on design solutions for new Java based applications.
- Consults with project teams and functional units on the design of important projects or services.
- Supports existing business systems applications.
- Performs additional job duties as required.
Job Specific needs & Responsibilities:
- Experience with designing and developing the complex Java application architectures adhering to low latency, high through-put and multi-threading requirements
- Experience with designing and developing Java web Development (RESTful APIs using JAX-RS) using JAVA, J2EE, EJB, Java Transaction, and JPA
- Knowledge of the use of Java application containers
- Experience and in-depth knowledge in Java internals - Garbage collection, Application tuning, Java dump analysis would be preferred
- Experience with running Java on IBM mainframe would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Java build tools
- Experience using Java testing tools for finished code
- Proficiency in DevOps tools as part of SDLC
- Experience with the IBM mainframe platform is a plus
- Shell scripting experience is a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills, strong analytical, troubleshooting and issue resolution skills.
- Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Should be able to support production and should be available to support on call, as needed
- Expert in multiple languages and tools. Some knowledge in emerging technologies (cloud).
- Possesses strong knowledge of application development technologies, tools and methodologies.
- Good understanding of how technology relates to business, market and industry and applies such knowledge to support the needs of the business.
- Strong understanding of complex internal business processes or functions.
- Works on moderate to complex projects and issues within functional area.
- Works more independently with IT functional units and business units. Recommends strategies for improving system applications.
- Coaches and leads less experienced IT staff and business managers.
- 7+ yrs. of related IT experience.
TechnologyView all jobs at SOFTHQ INC