Developmental Services Specialist (part-time with option to become full-time)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a Federal Contractor, SOAR365 requires new hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID 19 or have an acceptable accommodation before their date of hire per Executive Order 14042.
We are looking for a reliable individual to join our team at SOAR365. This is a great opportunity for a motivated and hardworking person that truly takes pride in their work. If you feel that you are the right one for the job and meet the qualifications, please apply today. We look forward to meeting you!
A little about us:
We are SOAR365! Our programs and services have always been designed for individuals and families who are coping with the daily real-world challenges of living with a disability. To that end, we've continually added more ambitious and thoughtful programs over the past 65 years. And, today our services have a profound impact on more than 1,300 people and their families.
A Day in the Life of:
As a member of our team, you will provide Developmental Services, as outlined by Virginia's Part C system, the Infant and Toddler Connection of Virginia. Provides Agency with developmental services, support and education, to families enrolled in Infant and Child Development Services (ICDS), a program of SOAR365, using a family centered approach. You must be certified by the Infant & Toddler Connection of Virginia in order to be considered for this position.
You will come to know the great people that make us who we are as a business and who keep our reputation alive. You will be a part of something great here at SOAR365 and you will enjoy what you do and with whom you do it.
Benefits and pay range:
- A competitive salary
- We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards for our part time employees: 403b retirement plan, Employee Assistance Program, workers' compensation, Verizon Wireless discount, South University discount, direct deposit, employee recognition programs, free Park365 reservation, free parking
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Completes evaluations and participates in development of Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP).
- Conducts visits to achieve IFSP outcomes in the child and family's natural environment.
- Provides parent and child training of developmentally appropriate activities and provides family education and support for children with developmental delays.
- Communicates with administrators, staff, families and community resources in a manner that promotes Agency and Part C philosophy and goals, including family choice.
- Meets ICDS standards for units of appropriate evaluation, consultation, direct services and case management services per quarter.
- Completes all job assignments related to program objectives in a timely and accurate manner, using defined format and process, including direct service, formal reporting and daily notes, billing and other assigned tasks.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Infant & Toddler Connection of Virginia Part C certified Professional Practitioner, who is a provider of Early Intervention Developmental Services. Licensure with an endorsement in Special Education-Early Childhood (birth-5) by the Virginia Board of Education OR Family and Consumer Science Professional preferred. Other qualifications that meet the requirement for a Developmental Services Specialist (as determined by Infant and Toddler Connection of Virginia) would be considered.
- Thorough knowledge of child development, disabilities and the latest techniques relative to early intervention.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
To apply for this position, a completed SOAR365 application is required.
EO/AA Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need reasonable accommodation when you apply for a position on our website, please contact us at (804) 358-1874 and ask for human resources.
SOAR365 employees benefit from working for a rehabilitative non-profit agency that specializes in providing employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
HealthcareView all jobs at SOAR365