Senior Interior Designer
- Posted: over a month ago
Our Client is an internationally recognized architectural design firm serving a wide range of clients and institutions, locally, nationally, and internationally. An award-winning firm that is known for its ingenious and inspiring designs, it has designed renowned embassies, leading educational institutes, cutting-edge EV manufacturing plants and environmentally responsive hospitals. It has several marquee landmarks to its name and is also a winner of the AIA Gold Medal, one of the highest honors in the Architecture industry. They were also recently inducted into the American Academy of Arts and Letters (founded in 1898).
We seek talented and enthusiastic candidates for a Senior Interior Design Staff position who exhibit a willingness and initiative to contribute to the growth and success of the firm.
Senior Interior Design Staff are directly involved in the conceptualization, development, and documentation of the interior environments of each project the firm pursues. Serving as a key member of each design team, you will work directly with the Director of Interiors and the Firm’s Principals. The role requires coordination with Project Leads to establish schedules and deliverables for interior design of each project. The role requires strong collaboration skills and a willingness to learn while performing a wide range of design-related tasks. Your ability to demonstrate productive working habits while being engaged and invested in the details of project development is essential.
- Assist with all aspects of the design and project delivery process with a specific focus on interior environments
- Manage Interior Design projects with direction from the Director of Interiors and Principals
- Collaborate with Project Leads to establish key project milestones and deliverables
- Lead client engagement on interior design alongside Director of Interiors and Interior Design Staffs
- Interpret, organize, execute, and coordinate assignments and tasks, establishing priorities for project development and resolving key questions and challenges
- Contemporary and creative design sensibility with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Confidence in generating solutions and expanding on information provided by others through exploration of alternate possibilities and by asking the right questions
- Exceptional graphic, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of technical project development, detailing, and systems
- Experience in leading development of interiors presentations and drawing packages
- Strong hand and technical skills, including Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) and 3D modeling (experience in Revit® strongly preferred)
- Must demonstrate robust work ethic and be resourceful and proactive
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Collaboration and teamwork are essential
- Detail oriented with a commitment to design excellence
- Professional or Pre-Professional Degree in Interior Architecture or Interior Design
- NCIDQ Registration preferred
- 6-12 years’ experience
Powered by JazzHR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?