Transformer Winding Machine Operator - LC
- Expired: July 24, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Founded in 1946, SNC Manufacturing Company, Inc., is a premier manufacturer and marketer of custom electrical transformers, utility products, and information and communication products. As a privately owned small business employer, we put great emphasis on helping employees feel welcome, like they are a part of the team
Work Site: 101 West Waukau Ave. Oshkosh, WI 54902
Pay: Starting at $19.33/hr. , with wage rate progression at 31 actually worked days, 6 months, 12 months, and 18 months of employment.
Durations/Usual Hours Per Week: Permanent, full-time, non-exempt. 40 hours/week minimum
Overtime: Voluntary; for all hours worked in excess of eight(8) in any workday; for hours worked in excess of forty (40) in a workweek; or for Saturday work (typically 5 hour shifts if offered).
Shift/Work Days: First Shift Only. Monday-Friday. 6:30 AM to 3:00 PM.
Number of Openings: 1
- Perform a limited variety of coil winding duties and operations in the Light Coil Winding department, winding primary and secondary portions of transformers, in wire sizes up to and including 15 gauge.
- Operate coil winding machines to wind these portions of transformers, following instruction and coil winding specification sheet. Wind specified number of wire turns with proper tension, wrap insulation between layers of wire or foil, and splice, solder or fasten leads to coil as specified. Operate coil winding machinery and make adjustments as required. Use a variety of hand tools such as solder irons, side cutters, scrapers, wrenches, scissors, pliers, scales and dividers.
- Load and unload taper packs, spool stands and tension racks, string up wires through wire guides and/or splice for continuous operation. Use winding fixtures and arbors, hoists and other lifting devices to position or move jobs or materials as assigned.
- Receive direction from Supervisor and instructions relative to work assignment from Supervisor or lead person. Detect faulty operation, defective materials and shortages, and report to proper Supervisor. Perform other duties in accordance with workload requirements. Maintain work area in a clean and orderly manner. Make out time production reports. Follow prescribed safety regulations.
EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS: Over 1 year up to and including 2 years of experience desired but open to training the right candidate. Requires the use of coil winding specification sheets, work orders, adjustable measuring instruments and a variety of mechanic's hand tools. Perform a limited range of coil winding operations on wire sizes 15 gauge and smaller. Some judgment is required to wind a specified number of wire turns under tension, insulate, splice, solder or fasten leads to coils. Light physical effort required to perform assigned work; equivalent to frequently lifting or moving light weight material. Continuous mental and visual attention required to perform assigned work. Careless, negligent or improper performance of work may cause losses in rejections, rework or scrap and damage to tools and equipment.
What We Offer You:
- Health Insurance paired with a Health Reimbursement Arrangement Plan - Company Contribution to Deductibles
- Dental insurance
- Company Paid Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance - available at full expense of employee
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday pay, including Christmas week
- Anniversary Day Off with Pay & Bonus (dependent upon attendance points & years of service)
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan - SNC contributes a percentage per pay period regardless of employee contribution plus an additional annual lump sum
- Tuition Reimbursement Assistance
- Advancement Opportunities
- Climate Controlled Facility
- Safety Shoe Reimbursement
- Safety Glasses Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work-life Balance
SNC Manufacturing Co., Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, disability, military status, genetic information, or national origin.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the SNC Manufacturing Co., Inc. Human Resources Department at 920-231-7370 Ext 3216 for assistance.
SNC Manufacturing Co., Inc
ManufacturingView all jobs at SNC Manufacturing Co., Inc