- Posted: over a month ago
We are hiring now for a Master Scheduler in Melbourne, FL!
SMTC Corporation was founded in 1985. SMTC is a mid-size provider of end-to-end electronics manufacturing services (EMS) including PCBA production, systems integration and comprehensive testing services, enclosure fabrication, as well as product design, sustaining engineering and supply chain management services. SMTC has facilities in the United States, Mexico, China and Canada. Services extend over the entire electronic product life cycle from the development and introduction of new products through to the growth, maturity and end-of-life phases.
*401K with company match
*PTO, Paid Holidays
*Medical HRA Plan
*Short term/Long term Disability Insurance, etc.
The Master Scheduler is responsible for establishing, monitoring and maintaining an achievable master production schedule for the site in support of demand while considering inventory efficiencies and investment.
• Manage the schedule and adjust to ensure consistency and accuracy with the production plan.
• Resolve conflicts in the schedule and escalate awareness of hindrances that will impact commitments due to Manufacturing/Engineering delays or customer changes.
• Engage with all departments including but not limited to Planning, all levels of Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering and Program Management.
• Mentors and provides direction to the Planning group as needed.
• Responsible for working across multiple business organizations such as Finance, Sales Operations, Supply Chain, Production Control, Manufacturing, Engineering, and Planning to obtain best Manufacturing strategy to meet the Company’s business plan and ensure on-time delivery. Provides input to management; schedules and/or interfaces with these business organizations.
• Oversees the master schedules and ensure comprehensive compliance with material requirements for manufacturing.
• Proactively review material supply and demand to determine actions appropriate to impact manufacturing MPS and supply MRP. Assist in the resolution of MRP and planning discrepancies.
• Work closely with Purchasing in order to determine lead times and creative flexibility strategies.
• Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed.
• Determines and manages daily production schedules based on engineering plans, production specifications, plant capacity, material availability and manpower requirements.
• Manage and lead the Scheduling team, ensuring their continuous development and building a collaborative team environment.
• Revises schedules when required due to changes, material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions.
• Ensures coordination with Manufacturing Manager, Supply Chain, Stock Room, Quality and the Planner to make any adjustments to production schedules as needed to meet business and customer needs.
• Keeps an open line of communication with the Planning group, Leads, Production supervisors, and Expeditors daily.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field preferred or 7 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment; material planning, distribution, production and scheduling experience.
• A.P.I.C.S. certification would be a plus.
• Working knowledge of MRP principles required.
• Demonstrated understanding of Production Planning and Production Scheduling best practices and principles is required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; specifically Excel; MS Project a plus.
• 5 years minimum scheduling experience in a manufacturing operation required, preferably in electronics and electro-mechanical assembly or machine shop environment.
• Experience with Purchasing/Materials/Operations processes and tools.
• Strong decision making skills and ability to communicate clearly and in a manner that supports the business.
• Must be a self-starter with high initiative, embodying a sense of urgency to achieve goals and objectives.
• Must have excellent time management and organization skills.
• Ability to manage multiple objectives and priorities concurrently.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
SMTC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.
If you require assistance completing this application due to a disability, please contact Human Resources to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
ManufacturingView all jobs at SMTC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?